SPS frags for sale!

Miltonic

I've been growing some frags out for about a month now and since they're doing great, its time to put them up for sale!

All three frags are about an inch or more and they are an ORA Green Bird's nest frag $20, ORA Red Planet frag $35 and an Orange Digitata frag $20, or I would like $70+shipping for all three together, I would also be willing to trade for other frags just offer. Will ship overnight with UPS to anywhere in the US.

WYISWYG ignore the fourth frag on the right lol
frags-1.jpg

here's pics of the parent colonies
Birdsnest
greenbirds8.jpg

Red Planet
7.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
For the most part YES SPS are hard.

Small
Polyp
Stony

Key word being STONY! They are a hard exoskeleton coral hence the name Stony.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
hard to take care of?

No offense but just that question means you're not ready. They aren't impossible but some are more difficult than others. They have stricter needs than most other corals and are less tolerant of mistakes. I guess in the big picture that's a resounding YES :)

Miltonic

I didn't know what they meant by "hard" at first but Thanks to BigAl we know the answer to both meanings

chipmunkofdoom2

Those are some beautiful frags. Sadly, though I don't have to ask the question, I know I'm not ready for them :surrender:

Good luck with the sale. Where in PA are you located?

chipmunkofdoom2

Haha, probably not for a while. I need something better than PCs..

I live probably about 25 minutes south of York, so kind of in the same area.. kinda.

Miltonic

yep kind of in the same area but still far, yet another reefer I meet that doesn't live less than 20 minutes from me lol

Frankie

RS STAFF
Very nice Red Planet!
The deal is sound from what I can see in the pictures. Here is a bump for you
Bump-1.jpg

jnohs

I actually find sps corals easier than lps corals. Most lps corals like to be fed. Sps corals just want clean water. Even more than lots of light. once your water is clean and stable. I am thinking of seting up a little nano with just a small pc fixture to show what corals can be grown with such minimal lighing. Cleaner water will get you more results than more light. It is the reef social standard that sps is the hardest. When I belive that sps coral are the easiest and fastest growing. I think that the hardest obstical for most newbe reefers trying to obtain clean water is excessive feeding. a lot of people are allways posting threads like "phosphates high!!" or "NUSSANCE ALGE". ANd a lot of the responces are ideas like find the source or maybe it is leatching from some where. But truly i belive that the only source of nutrients is the food that we put in our tanks. there are also a couple of variable like a dsb witch i do not recomend and leatching from the rocks. But if you don not feed and your sand is clean and rock dont leatch then you will have nice and clean water ready for sps. you could use better lighting. But it is not as necessary as some people think.

i think i drifted

if you want to keep sps first concentrat on keeping your water clean. Then go get one put it high in your tank dont touch it for 2 months . Then watch it grow. ever faster and faster.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Got my frags in today!

They look very nice! You did an outstanding job packaging and the heat-pack was a nice touch. Neither of the bags leaked a drop and the box was fully intact. Great work! Once they are acclimated I'll shoot you over some pics!

GREAT looking coral :) :thumber: