Spikewire's RSM 130D

Spikewire

I'm just using it at night for another color spectrum and it also makes the tank and corals look fantastic. I've been told I can leave them on all day with the regular t5s so I'm going to look into that. I'm going to put the LED on a timer and have it turn off around two hours after the mains go out.

Spikewire

Hey all. The tank is coming along nicely and my parameters are almost dialed in. Magnesium is a tad high and I'd like to raise the ph a bit but I'm pretty happy with these numbers.

Temp: 78.6
Salinity: 1.025
Calcium: 425
Alkalinity: 9.5
Magnesium: 1450
Nitrate: 0-5
Nitrite: 0
Phosphates: 0
Ammonia: 0

So I figured it was time for a few new corals and some pics :) Sorry for the quality. I took them with my phone and they didn't come out great, especially the Actinic shots. :)

I really need to try and post some pics once a week but then it makes me want to go buy new corals... :)

Spikewire

Thanks folks! I'm recovering slowly from a week long power outage over the winter. Just trying to take it slow and get back to the nice tank I had. I appreciate the kind words :) More corals this weekend I think :)

slfcaptain

Sorry to hear about the power outage. Hope all is doing well.

How is the led strip working out? Does it make the colors of corals pop?

Steve

Spikewire

Thanks slfcaptain. The led strip is working out great! It does really make the colors pop. My main lights come on at 2pm. I have the LED on a separate timer so it comes on around 6pm so main lights and LED are on together until 10pm. Main lights off at 10pm and just LED from 10-11pm. I'm still looking into the timing of things and what would be most beneficial so if anyone has some input it would be much appreciated :)

slfcaptain

I have some more questions, seriously condideting this type of upgrade.

Either the stunners and the PC lights on do you see any shimmer? Is there room for two strips to go the length of the tank?

Thanks,

Steve

Spikewire

Hey Steve. I get a slight shimmer but nothing like a full LED set. I'm not sure if there's room for two. In the earlier pics you can see that I mounted it between the stock bulbs. I was worried that the strip would block some of the regular lighting. I don't think two would fit without blocking a bit but I'll give a closer inspection when I get home tonight.

Spikewire

Thanks everyone! Yeah Steve it's a ric :) I actually should take some updated photos. Those are over a week or so old and I've made a few changes and additions since then.