Sparklesmcgraw's RSM 130D

Thanks all. The latest pics were taken with a canon 600d although it had some kind of funny effect lens on it so was hard to get decent pics. Look ok though. I will play around with it when I have more time and try to get better ones.

:)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
oops sorry looked at the wrong pic... for exif data Congrats on the Fantastic Canon 600D

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 600D
Image Date: 2011-09-13 19:48:16 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined

Bit of a quick photo update for you all. Only iPhone quality this time unfortunately.

IMG_0588.jpg

One very unexpected thing my lemonpeel has started to do is pick at my Maxi Mini Anemome! He does occasionally peck at the Acans but they are surviving as it tends to be quite sporadic. He seems to move around them in phases. The latest one is my anemone which has closed up over the past few days. Hopefully he will stop bothering him but I am surprised he pecks him at all! Would never of thought he would go for that.

Anyways all is going well in the tank. Parameters are great and the only thing that requires maintenance is the Kh which needs regular dosing to keep it up. Thinking about getting around to some new corals but its so hard to find nice ones locally!

Thanks for looking.

Sparklesmcgraw

I recently bought a Red stripe Angel and he started picking at my acans and I tough great now hes got to go but I gave him some time and like yours he kind of lost appetite for it. Acans are coming back now, he does pick at them every once in a while. Every new coral he has a taste of it and thats pretty much it. I also keep nori hang in the am and feed a tiny bit twice a day.
Good luck

Thought I would post a bit of an update as I noticed something marvellous today. Tank has been doing really well. Latest addition is an orange spot diamond goby who seems to have settles in and is doing an amazing job of keeping my sand clean.

The marvellous news is that one of my clowns after being in the tank for almost a year, has finally taken to living in my GBTA. I'm so excited as this was one of the reasons why I got into marines as I love watching this kind of natural symbiotic relationship. No idea why he waited so long though! I did notice him looking at it more and more but as of this morning he was fully settled Ito it and seems very happy. Hopefully he stays there from now on!

Will post some pics when I'm back home.

Hey guys,

Not posted in a while so a bit of an update. Tank is doing very well. I gave away the lemonpeel the other day as he was just being too destructive of my LPS and I want to focus on getting some real nice colourful pieces (if I can find any, they are hard to find in Scotland). Bit of a shame as the Lemonpeel is a beautiful fish but he had to go.

Luckily it seems my Acans are already starting to recover so I hope they return to their full glory in time.

Anyway heres a couple of pics from today :

IMG_09361.jpg

IMG_09351.jpg

P.S. The hammer is getting awfully big! I may have to chop a piece off as it may take over the tank in a few more months!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey sparkles - Thanks for checking in :dance: Tanks looking great :) sorry to hear you had to re-home your Lemonpeel, but I can understand. Your hammer coral is doing wonderful & good news on the acans !!!

This tank is absolutely beautiful this is exactly how I want my tank a look! Great job

Thanks a lot guys, I am going to focus on getting some nice bright corals which should really set it off. I like bright colours :)

I think I am going to buy a couple of new Eheim 600 circ pumps too. The ones I have in there just now dont seem to be putting out as much flow as they once did (almost a year ago now!)

With the Lemonpeel gone I am now looking for another focal point fish. Any suggestions of a pretty reef safe addition? I am really tempted to try a coral beauty and take the gamble he wont touch the corals. Risky though I know, they are just soo pretty! Angels have such a great character.

I am going to replace my Ecoxotic blue stunner strip as about half of the LED's have burnt out. I was looking around and saw these:

RGB Panorama Pro LED Module

Would it be worth getting a controllable RGB instead of another stunner? I know they are bit brighter and have colour options (eventhough Id probably keep it on blue all the time) but they seem like a decent bit of kit.

Does anyone here have one? I would simply stick it to the insisde of the hood in the same place my current stunner is.

Well guys here's some more pics for you :)

Sad to say it but I am really enjoying the tank with the Lemonpeel gone as I can finally focus on nice corals for a while. All in all the tank is doing well and my Acans are starting to recover well now they aren't being picked on. I changed out my powerhead pumps (Eheim 600's) for new ones as the old ones were over a year old and had diminished noticeably in flow output. New ones were just what i needed and now the pumps are putting out a nice strong flow again and I am not getting any 'gunk' forming one the surface water as a result of the low output anymore :)

I changed my media from Seagel back to Chemi pure elite but am having slightly restricted flow with the 11oz (one unit) in the media rack. I'm thinking of changing this out to two of the half unit sizes to see if that helps. Did anyone else try this? I have the bag tied up and suspended on the bottom shelf of the rack but am still unable to get the back chamber level right to the top. Minor issue really, but i might give it a go. Failing that I'll go back to Seagel.

I have also ordered a Ecoxotic Panorama Pro (Blue) strip to replace my old stunner which has half burnt out. I am looking forward to the crisp blue look again with the extra LED's and the colour pop they give so well. Will post some pics once its arrived and has been fitted.

I also picked up a couple of corals, a lovely Scolymia and some pink zoas. I have fallen in love with the Scoly and am on the hunt for a few others (would love a bright red one). I know they are expensive but they look so great on the sandbed.

Anyways...on to some pics (sorry iPhone only)

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg