Sparklesmcgraw's RSM 130D

Maybe I'm regretting the Lemonpeel slighty but it is so gorgeous I am torn. I am willing to stick with it and just purchase corals that it will leave alone. If in time I really want to try some more LPS I will probably swap him out for a Coral Beauty.

Do you still have your Lemonpeel David?

David Shaw

My Lemonpeel nipped the corals for a month or so then it quit and now just pecks as the live rock and leaves the corals completely alone. I found that when i added the Coral Beauty (slightly bigger), that he calmed down a lot and was less aggressive and thats when the coral nipping stopped.

The Lemonpeel hated the Coral Beauty at first, went to nip it (until he realised the Beauty was bigger, then he quickly darted away). Then he avoided it, but now they are best friends and swim together around the tank.

I guess it all down to fish personalities but i did find that introducing the larger angel made him much more passive.

Hope this helps

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My Flame Angel destroyed my SPS but doesn't mess with the LPS. I guess every fish is different. My first Flame died during a winter power outage and bothered nothing. Hopefully yours will lose its taste for LPS.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
thfwp-smiley-09.gif

Well folks, it looks as though my Lemonpeel has lost his appetite for my LPS! He seems to be alot less interested in them over the last few days and that has allowed me to feed them well and let them expand to as they were before! :) Heres hoping that this continues....

My only explanation is that my regular feeding has made him focus more on the water column (where the next meal is coming from) instead of the corals.

I could be jumping the gun but I really hope that is him settled in to leaving them alone! The odd nip is fine as they seem quite tolerant.

Or.....its just a phase and he is teasing me :)

David Shaw

Loving the sun coral, to get your open like that is cool. So pleased for you that the Lemonpeel has settled down. All good!

Thanks all. It's weird but the sun coral seems to open up at the same time every night. around 7ish they all start to oPen then once the lights are off they really extend big time. I'm glad it likes to open in the day as the bright yellow Polyps are gorgeous!

IPisces

Love the ric colony. Thats a beautiful anemone too. Both of them, but particularly the big on on the top right. Very nice tank.