Somthing is wrong

Goober35

2 weeks ago my mushroom's, torch, and Zoas all closed up. All of my levels are with in the norm. The only think i changed was i shut down the sump and pulled out the check valve because it was stuck open. I put in a peace of straight pipe in its place. Could the new pipe be causing this? And what can I do.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Did you hard plumb this? Maybe you contaminated the water with primer and solvent? If so then immediately start a carbon regiment of any on hand or LFS carbon in a mesh bag and knead it 2x daily for a week. For your water volume I would use 1/2 cup of carbon. Change this out once a week for two weeks. Then keep doing it monthly but cut back to 1/4 cup of a better carbon such as ROX and knead daily. (FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! :D )
You can also do 40% water changes 2x weekly for one week. Make sure the water parameters are a match when doing large scale water changes in order to not have a spike. Such as your salinity and temperature.

Goober35

I am running chime-pure now and i did a 40% water change and it seems to be helping. My zoas have opened up and my torch is also starting to open up. Something had to have been in the water.