Something's wrong!

Stacef

I believe he has a thread going about it Mario, check out his "threads started" from his profile.

plecosword

Thanks Stace,

Im going to try to put together the common things from that thread, maybe that will help. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...40009-stuff-dying-need-advise.html#post571621

I don't think its the lighting because he has 20k MH or actinics.

We both switched salts. I don't see how it took effect now though. I setup the tank first with coralife salt. I was having issues with low PH, so when that was done I switched to Instant Ocean. Nothing really happened until a few weeks ago. I have aterrible memory for remembering times so I dont remember when I got the saltmix. So now I have a Oceanic 29g mix, I should probably replace it with another Oceanic saltmix later on when its done.

so is it the new salt?

chrome91

im thinking it could be the salt mixing too, i admit on my 125g i waited only half a hour to let the salt mix in the bucket on my last water change, and one of my zoa patches have already fully closed up

new salt shouldnt have done something that drastic, all ive ever used is instant ocean, but a few months ago i ran out and a store only had some weird brand called meersaltz (foreign im guessing, has arabic, english, and chinese on the package) and the switch never affected my tank at all

Stacef

I think it very well could be the salt mixing. Maybe not the switching of the salt, but your salt mixing techniques..

Let it sit for longer, I'm talking 1-2 days for the next WC and see what happens. Thats just my two cents.

plecosword

Thanks you guys!!! I think we might have this just about solved. so this will be how it will go:

I will mix the salt for a day and heat it. Next water change sunday.

hello well i switched back to my old salt io and let it sit for a day but i think that i wil let it sit for longer like two days. any way i did a 10 gal water change and my mushrooms are lokking a little better. but my yellow star polyps are about gone and some of my zoos are too.:wave: well so goes the learning thing im sure we all go thru it though we just want to do it now not two days later after we get advise . but i only have to hit my hand with a hammer once
so next ime i will bring up to you guys thanks.

framerguy

Won't it be cool if that is the problem...what an easy fix! Here is some positive energy coming your way.............

............................:clink::colorful: :flower:

plecosword

Won't it be cool if that is the problem...what an easy fix! Here is some positive energy coming your way.............

............................:clink::colorful: :flower:
Im really hoping Its that! Ive been mixing salt for 15 min since the start so I have doubts. :doh:< lol :fingerx:

framerguy

For what it is worth...I mix mine for a week before using it. That may be excessive but I do it anyway. It is mixed with a Koralia 3 and a stealth heater. I add calcium and magnesium to raise to the level I want it before using it also.

plecosword

For what it is worth...I mix mine for a week before using it. That may be excessive but I do it anyway. It is mixed with a Koralia 3 and a stealth heater. I add calcium and magnesium to raise to the level I want it before using it also.
What kind of saltmix do you use? I dont store saltwater because I need to share the water with my Freshwater tank.

plecosword

Great news!, my entire Star polyp colony opened up today! yay, also the button polyps opened up. Yellow polyps are looking better too.