Some Images From the Local LFS

Edison

Our local LFS has asked us to build them an e-commerce site so they can begin to sell their corals and fish nationally. I went there today to take some photos and these are some of the better ones.

Edison

Nice pictures and it looks like a nice LFS, with a great assortment of corals!

It's a great store and the guy that owns it is extremely knowledgeable. On several occasions I've seen the owner tell customers to not buy that fish, this coral for a variety of reasons.

That tank is one of 4 that are in the LFS that are just for corals and inverts. He has 6 or 7 tanks with fish and corals too. He has another location where he QTs new arrivals for a month or so before bringing them to the main store.

The site is coming along nicely, just have to do another shoot or two and it will go live. I'll post a link when it's ready.

Edison

Sweet pics! I love that yuma! That really looks like an awesome LFS!

It's a great store. I've seen people come in and stare at the big frag tank for 30 minutes straight with looks of happiness and amazement on their faces. You can tell they are just off in another space where everything is joyous and beautiful. *and I exaggerate not*
A few others have wanted to buy an entire colony and then stormed out of the store when they were told the colonies are not for sale but frags will soon be available. One guy offered 1500 and did not like being told "sorry buddy, frags only".

Edison

Fantastic pictures!
Thanks, Terry!

I went back to the store for another shoot a few days ago and double checked to make sure the colors were correct and they were. The only adjustments made to those images were white and black point & color temperature.

PIMPALA

A few others have wanted to buy an entire colony and then stormed out of the store when they were told the colonies are not for sale but frags will soon be available. One guy offered 1500 and did not like being told "sorry buddy, frags only".

Few things annoy me more than walking into a RETAIL store, and someone telling me "that's not for sale".

if its not for sale, it shouldn't be in a store. it should be in his/her personal tank, and they just bring the frags in. Or maybe just have a "show only tank, nothing in here is for sale" sign on it. but I'd still get annoyed. there HAS to be a price on everything, even if it is some insane amount that nobody will pay. if not, then take it home, or put it in a back room.

Edison

Few things annoy me more than walking into a RETAIL store, and someone telling me "that's not for sale".

if its not for sale, it shouldn't be in a store. it should be in his/her personal tank, and they just bring the frags in. Or maybe just have a "show only tank, nothing in here is for sale" sign on it. but I'd still get annoyed. there HAS to be a price on everything, even if it is some insane amount that nobody will pay. if not, then take it home, or put it in a back room.

I'll suggest a sign be put up saying "To Be Fragged".

I'm anxiously awaiting for some of those chalice corals to be divided up myself!