socos 46 gallon bowfront

Tru2nr

Where'd you get the shrimps from? Livestock I only buy from Salty Critter or Triton Marine...its been a long time since I've been to bluefish but last time their fish were always a bit sketch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soco

Where'd you get the shrimps from? Livestock I only buy from Salty Critter or Triton Marine...its been a long time since I've been to bluefish but last time their fish were always a bit sketch

He shrimp were from blue fish. It's a few blocks from my house

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tru2nr

He shrimp were from blue fish. It's a few blocks from my house

Yeah I remember you telling me that...I'll have to check em out again it's a hike for me but any real LFS is because I'm west side

soco

I've heard bad things about salty critter. How is triton?

Tru2nr

I haven't been to either of those other places

Triton Marine has a 4 week QT on all fish not sure about inverts; salty just has high quality stuff and those guys know their stuff and will never oversell they just speak the truth

soco

I'll have to check em out. Bluefish seems to have ich and idk is any qt. Corals are pretty good tho

Tru2nr

I've heard bad things about salty critter. How is triton?

Dude from Bluefish say that? Most in the area regard salty as top notch their acros have taken a dive but that's about it

soco

Haha ya I'm starting to notice that.
Some really good deals on used tanks tho

soco

Well still no for sure about the salt creep. I can't figure out what's happening. Is there some days not some days. On the plus size the "red/brown/ acro I bought from the lfs is turning green! No pics tonight. But probably tomorrow.

soco

Also I wanted to run something by yall. We have a 5 gallon refugium in the sump it has sand and rocks in it for now and will have macro algae. My wife was wondering if we can keep a lobster in there. If it's fed well it'll be okay right?

soco

Got a new guy today! Melanarius wrasse. One of my faves
f91458d409d87bc5f524f9c9e5f6d4f3.jpg
better pics once he's in the tank

soco

Also I wanted to run something by yall. We have a 5 gallon refugium in the sump it has sand and rocks in it for now and will have macro algae. My wife was wondering if we can keep a lobster in there. If it's fed well it'll be okay right?

Anyone thoughts on this?

Oxylebius

The lobster will grow too large for 5 gallons. Now if it was a crawdad or crayfish, that might work out well for you. But, keep in mind that you don't want to put anything in the refuguim that will eat the algae you plan to have in there. If you do, you will end up replacing the algae often which can get tiring and expensive over time.