socos 46 gallon bowfront

Pat24601

Just catching up on your thread. It's been more than a bit of an adventure with the scape it sounds like. Hopefully it ends well.

soco

Just catching up on your thread. It's been more than a bit of an adventure with the scape it sounds like. Hopefully it ends well.
Thanks. Ya it takes a few try but I don't wanna epoxy anything till I'm very happy with it. Thanks for following :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

soco

Found a guy down the street today that had some frags. Wow is it so much different in a city than the middle of nowhere lol people everywhere have frags !!!
ae4366837808a784fd9bb3482cf50cf3.jpg
f09db38b00b7a39b4aee6ca541554dbf.jpg
87fc67d458be463aba71ed69941f80d0.jpg
7d32240c27e249be8b30c2729fa6b9ad.jpg
58e661f98a25e7eaeb15fb1e368c5529.jpg
Got this new duncan head and what is supposed to be a goni. Idk if it is tho it doesn't have long polyps like most gonis I've seen

soco

Ok so I need some help here guys. This is a brand new tank and it's building salt creep from the bottom seal. I'll take pics in a sec but what are some thoughts on this. Does this mean this tank is not usable? Should I try and tear it down and exchange it or will it just plug itself up with salt?

soco

e729d930567545cfedcf97d19895d604.jpg
it's doing this on both sides. This is after one day. I cleaned it up yesterday and here it is again

meknudson2

Wow, that sucks, I would call them and see what they say. I would hate to have to tear down a tank and start over. I guess that is better then having something worse happen. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Squatch XXL

it's doing this on both sides. This is after one day. I cleaned it up yesterday and here it is again
If you are 100% sure that it is not somthing that dribbled down the side while reworking the rocks, it could be bad.

As a test, I would take a spray bottle with RO water, and clean out all of the bottom black trim. Get ALL of the salt away from the bottom of the tank. IF it comes back, than you can be sure.

Salt does wacky stuff where it exists. I would be quite alarmed if I saw that.

StirCrayzy

Take action you must find the source. I've ignored salt creep before, and been sorry. It is a sure sign SW is getting somewhere it shouldn't. It could be leaking from a vertical seal and running down into the trim and wherever the low spit is it will pool and evap. Finding the source can be tricky.
Odds are pretty good you have no warranty, this was drilled, and that pretty much voids everything immediately.
It can't hurt to call the LFS and ask, you never know what they might work out with you.
It's always better to intentionally start over than have to wake up to wet carpet and a dry tank.
I'm hoping you maybe just have a loose bulkhead slowly dripping down the back into the plastic trim. Fingers crossed , hopefully it's something simple.

soco

Take action you must find the source. I've ignored salt creep before, and been sorry. It is a sure sign SW is getting somewhere it shouldn't. It could be leaking from a vertical seal and running down into the trim and wherever the low spit is it will pool and evap. Finding the source can be tricky.
Odds are pretty good you have no warranty, this was drilled, and that pretty much voids everything immediately.
It can't hurt to call the LFS and ask, you never know what they might work out with you.
It's always better to intentionally start over than have to wake up to wet carpet and a dry tank.
I'm hoping you maybe just have a loose bulkhead slowly dripping down the back into the plastic trim. Fingers crossed , hopefully it's something simple.
Ya didn't buy it from a lfs. Bought it from petsmart on black Friday :-( no help there.

Tru2nr

I agree with the RO test....get in there good wipe out the salt water and see if it comes back...btw tanks looking great, not sure if you moved it but Montis's do not like being set on the sand and you will be blown away by the frag swap so save your $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soco

I agree with the RO test....get in there good wipe out the salt water and see if it comes back...btw tanks looking great, not sure if you moved it but Montis's do not like being set on the sand and you will be blown away by the frag swap so save your $$

Ya i moved the monti. It was just there while I moved stuff around. It's on the rocks now. Lol I can't wait for the frag swap. I've been trying not to buy anything in anticipation of what may be there

Squatch XXL

How is the situation with the salt creep? The only reason I ask is that I usually get similar spots after working in the tank. I am sloppy at times, and usually have water running down my arms, all over the floor and of course running down 3 out of 4 sides of the tank. It likes to get into the bottom trim, and then move out from there. Salt will absorb water from the air, and move wherever. Cleaning it out entirely removes the idea that it can move about.

soco

How is the situation with the salt creep? The only reason I ask is that I usually get similar spots after working in the tank. I am sloppy at times, and usually have water running down my arms, all over the floor and of course running down 3 out of 4 sides of the tank. It likes to get into the bottom trim, and then move out from there. Salt will absorb water from the air, and move wherever. Cleaning it out entirely removes the idea that it can move about.
Idk still keeping an eye on it. I'm doing a water change today so water is everywhere lol.

Clint24

I remember my old tank that was set up for years but I had to tear it down due to life's unexpected. But I'm like u, I miss that tank, & I'm also having to start all over. Sorry bout the shrimps but looks like u are coming along nicely. [emoji106]

soco

I remember my old tank that was set up for years but I had to tear it down due to life's unexpected. But I'm like u, I miss that tank, & I'm also having to start all over. Sorry bout the shrimps but looks like u are coming along nicely. [emoji106]

Thanks man