So you touched it now what?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good bump Glenn - I forgot about this thread and the Ice Cap videos about corals stinging humans, and toxins.

Setragni

Like I said before on a different thread, a man who goes to the same LFS I go is allergic to Bee stings, and almost died because of Zoanthids poison!
Scary, Freaky but true

Bobi1956

Upon Terry's recommendation several months ago, I bought a box of vinyl gloves. I only use them when handling certain items or when picking up something that I don't know what is under it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Dweezil

I remember this thread! Good idea to bring it back to life Terry. It was a real eye opener when I watched it the first time. Great info.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tammy - it really is an eye opener and worth taking the time and watching the videos. It really makes sense to treat corals and tank water with a lot of respect and take precautions to avoid stings, toxins and bacterial infections.

Glenn had me searching for this after he pointed out a post in another section by someone saying that corals cannot sting humans - incorrect!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pocketreef - did you get zapped by your hammer?

Steven Pro - great to see you again! I hope all is well with you. I agree - the Euphyllia especially seem to give a lot of people some problems with stings.

pocketreef

Terry, Steven... it was my fault. While cleaning the corners with a card I've punched the hammer. Interesting it looks happy today :dead:

IMG_9022.jpg

PS: I have gloves and it worked as a good reminder.