Snelly's 90g Reef-O-Rama

Snelly40

and FELIPE, my gf named him, was actually out from his favorite cave!!!

Attachments

• cbs2.JPG
    cbs2.JPG
    560.9 KB · Views: 29

Snelly40

New Frogspawn, been in for a few days now and fully opened, its has about 10 little heads starting to grow!!!

Attachments

• frogspawn.jpg
    frogspawn.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 22

Mischko

Ermmm Glenn,

this the right way ;-)

[video=youtube;gKONcOTOTCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKONcOTOTCM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looking good snelly, good to see you back.
How is the yellow tang getting along with the pbt? It doesn't look good from the video. That pbt will put a hurting on the yellow given a chance.

Snelly40

hey guys... i dont know hwy ive been so off an on with tank the last few years... buying a house and wicked busy just took my focus off. however, i just purchased 2 LED lights and a new Aqueon sump and an Aquamaxx EM200 skimmer... it should all be here this week so i am tearing down the old set up and restarting. I did go out on a limb and get black sand this time... either way im wicked excited to be back full time into it and happy to see a lot of old names on here!! updates to come soon!!!

Snelly40

well alright... tank has been emptied and thoroughly cleaned...

fts empty.JPG
here is the new sump!!! its huge and I love it!!! Testing it here to make sure no leaks...

proflex.JPG
Rocks cleaned and ready!!!
rocks2.JPG
Live Hawaiian black sand... I was nervous but I love it
filled.JPG
and shrimp added to start the cycle... I woke up this morning to a full bacterial bloom already
cycle time.JPG

Snelly40

alright, I sat down last night and created a Fish List: any feedback is accepted

1: Blue Spot Jawfish
2: pajama cardinals (1-3)
3. Mystery Wrasse
4: Clown (maroon probably)
5: Yellow Tang

that is all, but I feel it is a safe order with fish that should all work well together

Snelly40

well did my first test last night as the milkiness from the bloom settled down some...
ph: 7.9
Ammonia: 3.7
Nitrite: 3.5
Nitrate: 100+

haha welp the cycle is working... now just waiting for that ammonia and trites to drop... after being in the hobby for so long and my first new cycle in a long long time its crazy how my urge to do a water change has to be fought...
I will start running my carbon and phosban tonight and just waiting on my new lights and skimmer to get here!!

Pat24601

I think cycling might test my patience more now than the first time around. The first time around I had a lot to research and didn't feel like I was just sitting and waiting.

Snelly40

so true @Frankie & @Pat24601 , first time i was a sponge ( damn no pun intended) and i was reading and observing and it was all new.. this time i'm a week in to the cycle and ready to have all my LPS back hahaha... at least now tho i know how i want it set up, today i'm building a new cabinet that will house all electronics and ATO and controller