Snail has left the shell!

Newjack

So a couple days ago I bought my clean up crew, acclimated them and put them in the tank. I got a few different things but 1 of the 3 margarita snails has left her shell.

I know she not to big for the shell.. Is there any reason why she would do that or did she just need to feel the flow on her back? Note she did this as soon as the lights went off for tonight..:bugout:

Surfnut

Sounds like a Stomatella snail came crawling out of the Turbo Shell. Probably ate what was left of the dead turbo. <shrug>

Edited: Incorrectly put nerite instead of stomatella - Toking too much I assume.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
he doesn't happen to look like this does he ;)

27963d1263665273-snail-without-shell-stomatellavaria.jpg

Newjack

you know I looked around this morning when I got up and it seems as if all the shells and snails have moved since last night... so where did this guy come from. haven't seen him again and cant find him.

Newjack

I looked at some pics and its just like that as far as I can remember.. I wish I could see her again to double check or even take a pic.

Newjack

he doesn't happen to look like this does he ;)

27963d1263665273-snail-without-shell-stomatellavaria.jpg

So I finally caught this guy on the glass while I was shooting a vid about another problem. Check it out! Is it what everyone was thinking it is?

Start the vid at 2 mins for snail

[video=youtube_share;xqVwCIKt5KE]http://youtu.be/xqVwCIKt5KE?t=2m23s[/video]