Small white wiggles in water ID?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Last night while watching my tank from across the room, I noticed tiny size white particles blowing all around in the water. This is the 2nd time this has happened. All 5 of my fish were darting around, I think they were eating them.
Too micro small to get a picture or tell what they are. I grabbed a turkey baster & sucked some up & squirted them into my QT tank. This morning, I noticed what seems to be copepods on the glass of the QT tank.
So MAYBE? It was an all at once hatching of copepods? Is this something that happens? ??
Anything else it might be? Hydroids? Pineapple Sponges? (I have both in my tank)
I have a video of the last time I saw this happen but I can't ever get a video to post.
Just wondering if anyone has an idea what they could be. I have not seen copepods in my tank lately....did have lots in my first month running tho.
[video]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s556/DianaKay76/3372E7C8-2B1D-421F-A462-83D1AC89A441-12169-00000C92D8F4B8AB_zps9153f6f5.mp4[/video]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I hope both of you are right. If it's something BAD, I'm sure going to have lots of it. This is the 2nd time that I've seen a swarm of them just all of a sudden. A strange site to see. :eek:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Ever see RS RSM Club member El Turco's vid?

[video=youtube;Sk06hP6ys00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk06hP6ys00&feature=player_embedded[/video]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I do see the skeleton looking sheds of amphipodes real often....the fish don't eat them, so I figure it's just molts and not dead amphipodes. I've also taken out 2 tiny Asterina stars....had no idea they were in there.

I SURE HOPE MY NEW HOOD GETS HERE TOMORROW! I've been living in fear of coming home & seeing my cat in the tank :(
Ready for my corals to perk back up & my fish to know day from night again.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
pods or your shrimp spawned :dance: click on pic to see your vid

Glenn, you may have NAILED it! I noticed about a week ago that one of my cleaner shrimp had a fat looking tail and it's swimmers looked really bunched up. It makes more sense that they'd show up in such large numbers like that.
I bet the cleaner shrimp spawn! I might should check my water parameters....think it could affect them badly?
Thanks for posting that video...that's cool to have gotten on a video, WOW!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm thinking that this was the 2nd spawn of my cleaner shrimp :D ...and YES, it seems COOL :whstlr: now that I have a good idea that's what's happening. Keeping a closer watch on my 2 cleaner shrimps. I've never seen them cleaning any of my fish but now I'm thinking they provide some FREE "good for ya" food for them :D

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF