Skimmer pump not working.

brucewrs

I left Steve a message.The pump wont restart after shutting off.I cleaned it out and with the cover off it does spin when plugged in.When I put the cover on and plug it in it does not..I read someone else had this problem..

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just as well you have 2 skimmers on the tank. That's not good news, not being 6 months old. Steve is based in the UK, so you might want to email pinky? Lakersfreak also had a similar problem with the skimmer pump.

Ya I have the same problem. I cleaned out the pump and it still won't work. It turns on and spins but no action!!! Pinky said it is the impeller and she is sending me new one.

brucewrs

Ya I have the same problem. I cleaned out the pump and it still won't work. It turns on and spins but no action!!! Pinky said it is the impeller and she is sending me new one.

Just got an e-mail from Pinky.She said she will mail me a new impeller.I have to send her the receipt which I can not find...

RaysReef

What was wrong with the impeller? So long as it doesn't happen again then. I thought pumps/impellers would last for years before needing replaced.

RaysReef

I can't believe it! My skimmer has stopped working too. Went to switch it on after doing water change and it made a loud noise, then dead... FFS

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Maybe cleaning it will fix it... one of my circulation pumps didn't start up once after I turned it off for a water change, but I took it apart & cleaned everything & it started working fine again... good luck, if it's really dead, sure rsm will make it right.

RaysReef

It's definately broken. I've cleaned it and nothing happens when I switch it on. So should I contact steveh or interpet? I want a new impeller this week! I've got livestock coming on Wednesday...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I would start with a PM & an e-mail to steveh... I think, being you are in Scotland, hopefully like the great service we get here in the states (from pinky) steveh can have someone over there send one out tomorrow.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/members/steveh.html

Found this too... from a post steveh made... "Best bet is to email Interpet's customer care team (customercare@interpet.co.uk) with details of your enquiry, date and shop of purchase and serial number of tank"

might e-mail them too... hope this helps...

RaysReef

Cheers glen, I've sent him a message so hopefully he'll get back to me quick.

I've been very gentle with the skimmer, not even been running a full 6 months.... Who's next...