Shallow Rimless Build

Frankie

RS STAFF
No worries Basile! I too am behind on many threads.
I am blessed with hand skills. Everyone has their unique skills in one form or another.
Found a cool kit for LEDs tonight. Once i install them I'll post pictures.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Installed the moon lighting. There are many color options also. Here are a few.
The red will come in handy when doing night observing. uploadfromtaptalk1407639401494.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407639411651.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407639420055.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407639429560.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Tomorrow I will finish the fans and start to wrap up the electrical.
Then I will pull all the rock and scape it properly. It is just thrown in there right now.

Snid

LOL! Don't fry yourself!!!

Heh... Don't you hate it when you find yourself telling someone something blatantly obvious? Like had I not told you that, you would have done so?

Frankie

RS STAFF
I got these at Lowes. There perfect for what I am using them for. At night they look great. They are expandable also. I am going to use them in the sump area also.
Finished wiring the fans. These are very quiet compared to the old ones. Can't hear them.uploadfromtaptalk1407879162883.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407879170201.jpg

710Reefer

Awesome build! Im afraid to build my own tank, if I ever get the courage I'm thinking a long shallow reef like this would look awesome.
You made everything look nice and clean..

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks wolffman, I am partial to the red myself but the blue has been voted in by the wife and daughter. Never win here. ;)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I won't be leaving them on all night. everything's on timers.
I do that more to conserve energy then to replicate a true moon phase.
Lunar light does have an impact on coral reef, not so much in our aquariums though.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Skimmer production update.
It's great having open access to the front and rear of the sump area.
I have smoked glass door in the plans for when the doors get made. Almost to that point. Still need to get the maple to make the trim and door frames with. I should be up to that mid September when it cools off a bit and the shop is more comfortable. Right now it's to humid and hot.
uploadfromtaptalk1408157586163.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408157599320.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408157618450.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408157633730.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
uploadfromtaptalk1408158571335.jpgI had to do a little photo shop to show you the color. This is as close as I can get. It is a bit deeper and clearer in person.

Frankie

RS STAFF
My "something to look at" coral has gotten use to the intense lighting and seems to be growing now. I never had Acanthastrea spp. before. I think I may get a garden of them going. uploadfromtaptalk1408225854038.jpg