Shallow Rimless Build

Frankie

RS STAFF
Why have you chosen zeo?? I know why I've chosen it but I'm always curious to see what other reefers think of it :)
At the time, the zeovit method was new to the states, I had issues with p04 and dark corals so I gave it a go.
started to appreciate it's attention to detail and my growing success in understanding it's chemistry and have been a follower since.
is it the best method? no. but it is a fun solution to keeping a healthy aquarium.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nice skim for 5 days!

At the time, the zeovit method was new to the states, I had issues with p04 and dark corals so I gave it a go.
started to appreciate it's attention to detail and my growing success in understanding it's chemistry and have been a follower since.
is it the best method? no. but it is a fun solution to keeping a healthy aquarium.

It's definitely a fun solution and for those of us that love to tinker and have a little more control it's definitely one of the better systems to be running! :) I really enjoy what it does for the tank and there are some seriously nice tanks out there, I'm looking forward to watching your's get stocked! It looks amazing without anything in it I can't wait to see it stocked!! :D

Frankie

RS STAFF
uploadfromtaptalk1403555328593.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403555338842.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403555350788.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403555356738.jpg
Progress report.
I made the background/return/overflow over the weekend.
Originally I was going to add teeth to the overflow but am considering making a new one that instead just touches the waters top. That will give me a 1/4" gap all the way across. Any opinions?
Also I had to reroute the return line.
Originally the tank was designed as a frag tank and the return was not important but that has changed now with the overflow. Eventually I plan on adding directional lock line type flare heads that reduce in size forcing the water to move faster.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks Doni! :)
I made a new "background/overflow/return" tonight.
The opening is just about 7/16" open. It looks much better then the bars ( overflow teeth) idea to me.uploadfromtaptalk1403659755317.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403659762616.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Okay, I'm fully cycled. acclimated some snails into the tank and I finally have inhabitants!
I also picked up a live rock covered in Coraline, scraped it down to seed the rock that I have.
Pictures tonight

Frankie

RS STAFF
So sad I won't have the chance to come buy some clowns Doni :( my tank is too shallow for bsjf. But I am glad you are here! :)
Not a major picture show here but I said I would:
The cross and Dimond are gifts.
My apprentice Austin made the cross for me. Great guy! Hard worker and loves Jesus!
The Dimond is from Lee my daughter. She made it in art class.
The snails are proof I actually have saltwater running!uploadfromtaptalk1405644503765.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405644516395.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405644525712.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405644533436.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome seeing an update on the thread mate :) I've just started my zeovit travels so I'll definitely be tagging along with your tank :) Can't wait to see this beauty getting stocked!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
click on the film icon & add url ;)

Looks great Frankie ! Really come together nicely !!! Skimmer really churning along too :)

[video=youtube;p-fIWCazNlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-fIWCazNlg&feature=youtu.be[/video]