Seahorse Webcam

olivert00

When ever I go shopping with family and we become seperated...they always find me ELECTRONICS! LOL

Debbie

ReefGuy69

Debbie if possible you should post a thread on how to go about setting up something like this. It seems to be a simple process but i know you can run into snags here and there. It would be much appreciated if you could. Pretty please with cherrys on top. I would love to set up a FTS of my display so i can watch it from work or even keep an eye on my house.. or wife. LOL

olivert00

Debbie if possible you should post a thread on how to go about setting up something like this. It seems to be a simple process but i know you can run into snags here and there. It would be much appreciated if you could. Pretty please with cherrys on top. I would love to set up a FTS of my display so i can watch it from work or even keep an eye on my house.. or wife. LOL

My pleasure ReefGuy69,

Pick your brand Webcam (some newer ones require WinXP SP2).
Make sure to install software before plugging in Webcam, complete install instructions. Software will check to make sure your camera is working.
Pick the perfect spot for your camera.

I used Ustream for broadcasting:turntable they are great for livestream, free... just register. It will show you how to start a live broadcast, you will have to pick a name for the webcast, give alittle info about your webcast, you should see a preview, click broadcast and away you go.
Some fine tuning with the camera setting which installed with your camera software and you should be live.

Under your live pic you will see email, I emailed myself the link and right clicked saved link and copied it into my new thread on RS. Ther might be an easier way to copy it to RS, but that is how I did it.

Good Luck
Debbie

If you need help with the process let me know.

olivert00

Uh Oh! Early lunch to see why camera is off air...mmmm Oliver, Jane do I need to turn the camera around during the day?????

Debbie

olivert00

Sorry...Windows installed updates and restarted computer, forgot to change that when I set up the desktop for webcam.

Debbie

ReefGuy69

VERY COOL. Hopefully i can pick up a nice webcam around X-mas and get mine up a running. Is your camera wireless or do you have a laptop or something right by your tank?

olivert00

I have a designated Dell Desktop to the left of the Seahorse tank, with a wired webcam.
Works out great.

Debbie

Stacef

I just put the screen on full screen and watch your horsies, I have to syop watching it, I'm going to want some soon...

Stacef

AWWW they are! This is the first time I have really took interest into SH's, and man, I am HOOKED!