scuba gear

Jake9487

hey guys i am going to get certified for diving and was wondering if you could help me out with what is good gear to get

bskinn77

I use mostly all aqualung products and love them. I also believe if you buy them new they have a lifetime warranty on parts.

DesertOrchid

If you have a good dive shop nearby that rents equipment then give theirs a try to see just what you like. Chances are they have a variety of brands and you can find the kind you like best rather than investing a lot of money into equipment that you find out later you don't care for... I guess there is always craigslist for that solution though. *L* Good luck and have fun. Diving is AWESOME!!!

aquaman_06

hey jake.

I like Cressi Gear. This is funny I am recommending it to you though I don't own any. Here is a breakdown. For a new diver without any technical needs I recommend their gear, (I used it as a newbie). It is priced right and IME has been decent stuff. They had some serious regulator related issues years ago though those seem to have been resolved. Overall it's not badly priced and performs well. Search online for used and below retail stuff.

take care

jpsika08

I'm just about to get certified too :)

I would recommend also Aqualung and Mares.

Aqualung is the owner of Suunto which has one of the best diving computers around.

RogerDiver

Hi,

I'm rec and tec diving instructor, cave and rebreather diver.

For bc's i recommend Dive Rite transpac + wing, or even a Dive Rite Nomad, it can be used for sidemounting, twins or single tanks.

For regulators I use Apeks, it's a Aqualung company, scubapro mk25 e Mk17 are regulators also.

My fins are a scubapro jet fins for use with wet suits and poseidon trident fins for use with dry suits.

Dive Rite Nitek Trio is a great entry level computer that can be used for tec diving, take a look at www.divegearexpress.com.

Regards,
Roger

scubamattv

For a BCD I'd go with a wing not the jacket style.. there are many good brands out there, Dive Rite, OMS, zeagle.. the trick is to find something that you are comfortable with. Find a good dive shop near you and talk with them too. Sometimes you can get them to lower the price for you.. especially if you are getting multiple pieces of gear (BCD, computer, regulator...).