Saltysupply bad experience

reefsurf

heck, with good 10k lighting, i can not even tell the difference in color or anything else between them. i can see a big dif when using 15k though. have not looked if there is much of a difference with 12k bulbs or 20k....

my lighting is the stock current bulb, 150 watt, 14k

prow

Aside from its clarity, which IMO you can't tell clarity between "Starphire" and regular glass with water in the tank, color of the glass is another tell tale sign.
heck, with good 10k lighting, i can not even tell the difference in color or anything else between them. i can see a big dif when using 15k though. have not looked if there is much of a difference with 12k bulbs or 20k....

SaltySupply;
good deal Richard, i think i will buy my next whatever from saltysupply....love to hear about you giving attention to matters like this. too bad it had to go this far before you took over the issue, time to spank the crew alittle. keep up the good work your efforts will payoff, word of mouth takes time but is lasting...;)

prow

mmm, makes me wonder
if you use a 3500k(red/orange) with reg greenish glass would the corals look more yellow where as using 20k or more blue bulbs would produce a more pinkish color on the rock and coral. then 10k would with reg greenish glass sould produce more of a lime greenish tint on the rock and color, mmmmmmmmm ... i think i am going to have to post a new thread about this.........

BigJay

I can tell the difference in glass clarity pretty readily. But I make everything in pyrex so all glass is generally optically poor IMO when compared to pyrex.One day I'll make a tank out of it so people can see the difference unfortunatly a 20g tank would be around $400 just for the glass.

Wether or not its enough of a difference to warrant the cost with what the end user will use it for is really only important to the person paying the bill.

hope you get it worked out. If I paid for starphire I'd want starphire.

lcstorc

I have a tank where the front pane is Starphire and I can tell the difference and if I look at it and then one of my other tanks I can tell but if I go somewhere else and look at at tank I don't notice anything.

mastocker

Sorry to revive an almost 2 year old thread, but I am now currently having the exact same problem with Saltysupply. I ordered on 08-26-10 and it is now almost a week later and the order still has not shipped, but I have been billed for it.

Left multiple messages, no response. Sent emails, no response.

Now I am trying the public forums. :(

P.S. Free shipping isn't free at all on orders over $159

IXL

Wow Richard you sure respond faster to forums than you do to your own business orders... that's amazing, Maybe I should put my orders here instead of sending you constant emails about mine.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Wow Richard you sure respond faster to forums than you do to your own business orders... that's amazing, Maybe I should put my orders here instead of sending you constant emails about mine.

To funny :D

IXL

I'm going to wait till monday to see if my order gets corrected or even a response through the business E-Mail.

I'll be back here 9:00 AM monday for a follow up.

IXL

Ok - I've had it... I can't wait anymore please view and review the following this will serve as a warning to anyone & I will strongly advise that this thread be a sticky for everyone- I'm sure RS cares about it's followers.

( please note the dates on this , & I had to open 2 seperate tickets - i will post my second right after this )

Ticket #1512501
Fluval g6 - confirmation

Category: Technical Support
Correspondence:

Customer said: 45 days ago (45 days, 19 hours ago) [07/19/2010 3:53PM]

Hello, my order#: 7240 & I was wondering if there was a tracking number so that I may look out for this package.
I would think its already shipped.

Salty Supply said: 45 days ago (45 days, 12 hours ago) [07/19/2010 10:32PM]

Should have tracking for you by tomorrow night:)

Please email us back if you have any other questions.

Thanks you for choosing Salty Supply

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 42 days ago (42 days, 23 hours ago) [07/22/2010 11:22AM]

I'm not happy at all...

I'm not going to put a drama story behind this filter, but I really needed it by next week and it does not look like SaltySupply can deliver.

my order#: 7240

Please "Cancel" my order.

Customer said: 42 days ago (42 days, 23 hours ago) [07/22/2010 11:27AM]

It still says processing & no tracing number has been delivered , thank god I did not place this overnight.

Jorge Pimentel -

Salty Supply said: 42 days ago (42 days, 21 hours ago) [07/22/2010 1:31PM]

Hi Jorge due to unforseen reasons with our suppliers we are unable to fullfil this order what I can do is if you want to go with an eheim filter I can do a hefty discount for you.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 41 days ago (41 days, 19 hours ago) [07/23/2010 3:12PM]

I sent a reply to the email adress & Subject of:
support@saltysupply.com
RE: [Ticket#151-2501] Fluval g6 - confirmation
I have not gotten a answer .

Now that i have learned of the Eheim product , is it possible that you can tell me of the above mention reduction on the " Eheim Professional 3 Thermofilter with Heater Control " if this is the 2180 model.

Salty Supply said: 41 days ago (41 days, 17 hours ago) [07/23/2010 5:01PM]

Here is a link, I can do it for $340, retail is $400+

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 38 days ago (38 days, 1 hour ago) [07/26/2010 9:57AM]

Richard , please send me the Eheim filter . Once I get it I'll see what else I will need to further increase the appeareance of the tank.

Salty Supply said: 38 days ago (38 days, 19 hours ago) [07/26/2010 3:19PM]

Ok Great I'll adjust the order

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 38 days ago (38 days, 19 hours ago) [07/26/2010 3:36PM]

Is there anything that I need to buy seperatly to make it function, please add it on. ( AE: filter kit and such )

Customer said: 36 days ago (36 days, 0 hours ago) [07/28/2010 10:10AM]

Amazing ~

This has been the most horrible expirience i've ever had ordering anything.

Richard, I would like you to know that I will not accept this order from salty supply -

I asked for the -
2180 " Eheim Professional 3 Thermofilter with Heater Control, not the 2080 that is in route.

I don't think there enoough characters in this "descripton box " to contain how I'm feeling.

Salty Supply said: 36 days ago (36 days, 18 hours ago) [07/28/2010 4:54PM]

This is the correct one, the description you sent me was the freshwater only model.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 35 days ago (35 days, 1 hour ago) [07/29/2010 9:45AM]

In no world I'm trying to be difficult but , calling me a liar is something i'm not going to tolorate.

This is what i said:
6 days ago (138 hours ago) [7/23/2010 3:12PM]
Now that i have learned of the Eheim product , is it possible that you can tell me of the above mention reduction on the " Eheim Professional 3 Thermofilter with Heater Control " if this is the 2180 model.

Where in the world did I say from the mentioned above ,that I wanted the 2080 or even quoting you as "the description you sent me was the freshwater only model." ummmm no kind sir, I did not say freshwater only model.

Seeing how SaltySupply could not deliver, I really wish customer satisfaction becomes your number 1 goal at some point.

My deadline was not made, please read below so that it is clear that i did mention it.
"7 days ago (166 hours ago) [7/22/2010 11:22AM]
I'm not happy at all...
I'm not going to put a drama story behind this filter, but I really needed it by next week and it does not look like SaltySupply can deliver."

I'll sound redundant in saying" i will not be accepting the package that is in route."
Return my hard earned money to my "BANK ACCOUNT" as soon as possible, so that I may find a local store that does care.

Last edited:

IXL

Ticket #3825615
I have 1 month on this issue - Ticket #1512501

Category: Returns and RMA's
Attachments: 8/31/2010 4:43:23 PM: OC9114-2T.jpg

Correspondence:

Customer said: 17 days ago (17 days, 1 hour ago) [08/16/2010 10:18AM]

Can someone please get back to me on this problem.

I never got a fluval G6 because of some supplier issue so I was expecting a 2180 " Eheim Professional 3 Thermofilter with Heater Control, but instead refused the 2080 model that was shipped to me.

Please advise on what is the issue that ican't even recieve a email from this company.

Salty Supply said: 17 days ago (17 days, 21 hours ago) [08/16/2010 2:54PM]

Hi can you please send me an order number. If I remember correctly this order was refused and we had a chargeback on file we were waiting for a response on,.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 17 days ago (17 days, 20 hours ago) [08/16/2010 3:20PM]

Order Number : 7240

Customer said: 17 days ago (17 days, 20 hours ago) [08/16/2010 3:21PM]

Customer said: 15 days ago (15 days, 18 hours ago) [08/18/2010 5:12PM]

Richard,

now that you have this order number and 2 days have passed care to involve me? I would like to know what is going on & how long it's going to take.

Salty Supply said: 14 days ago (14 days, 23 hours ago) [08/19/2010 12:31PM]

Hi Jorge, I cannot do anything until you place another order. The credit card company has already charged this back.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 10 days ago (10 days, 18 hours ago) [08/23/2010 5:17PM]

Richard in reference to order number 7240 ,

I've called my bank and they have not had any transaction reporting the amount of money that I have entrusted your company with.

Please elaborate with a little more than 2 sentences what are your intentions are with resolving my situation because, honestly?!? now i'm left without money and without a filter for my 150 gallon tank which i have to manually change the water every 3 days.

Salty Supply said: 9 days ago (9 days, 1 hour ago) [08/24/2010 10:47AM]

jPlease let me know the manufacturer number of the filter you want us to ship and I will set it up asap.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: 2 days ago (2 days, 19 hours ago) [08/31/2010 4:43PM]

I apologize for the delay but I took the weekend off plus a few days for a mini vacation...

I don't need a filter anymore , please send me this item below It was time to replace my skimmer , thanks richard.

Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000sss Internal Skimmer
Product Code: OC9114

Please get back to me with any info.

Customer said: yesterday (1 day, 22 hours ago) [09/01/2010 1:02PM]

I'm not sure if your team got this Richard but, here it goes again...

I apologize for the delay but I took the weekend off plus a few days for a mini vacation...

I don't need a filter anymore , please send me this item below It was time to replace my skimmer , thanks richard.

Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000sss Internal Skimmer
Product Code: OC9114

Please get back to me with any info.

Salty Supply said: today (2 hours, 56 min ago) [09/02/2010 9:06AM]

Can you please place the order online and I will ship it asap. I would have to check stock with coralvue once the order is in.

Richard Gilliland
SaltySupply.com

Customer said: today (1 hour, 35 min ago) [09/02/2010 10:27AM]

Richard,
My money ( $484.14 ) was never returned to my chase bank account nore did you you place it as a in-store credit:
SHOPPING CART - 0 Items: $0.00
(Your shopping cart is empty)

Your 2 sentence answer - replying to every book I send you for nearly 2 months, is not gratifying enough to make me believe that your a honest business man. it's past insulting already.

Right about now I don't care what you send me ...
send me items that will start up my new Reef/Fish aquarium of equal cash value that i have entrust you with.

Last edited:

GrendelPrime

holy crap ur a patient person, i would be finding an address and take a road trip to have a sit down and figure out what the hell is going on, ty for the heads up and heres another X through a online vendor i will never use

SecretAgent

*whew* That made my wallet cry just reading this. One thing I wont tolerate is someone taking my hard earned money then not delivering or making good on an order. What good are they too if they have to be taken publicly and shamed into doing whats right? I think things should be turned around....Customer gets their product FIRST, THEN the vendor gets their money when everything is as it should be with orders. Lets see how fast they get the stuff out then. Seller wont like it if it were that way, yet customers are supposed to swallow their line of bull they feed just to bide time. You shouldnt sell something you dont have, sell something other than what is advertised or promised, or sell something that doesnt even exist...Not looking good here Salty Son

GrendelPrime

if this was just a few weeks i would say sometimes shizzle happens but come on salty this is spanning months, i would be ashamed

SecretAgent

yeah Vic....cmon, lets go sneak into chat and be ashamed for him....LoL Seriously, get your butt in chat, I need my Vic fix for the day