RSM250 Skimmer wheel breaking.

Cameron

I picked up a RSM250 from a person moving in town and had no issues.

Now I have had it home for a couple months now and the skimmer just stopped.

Pulled it apart and found that the skimmer wheel had broken apart from the magnet...so I called RS, and they sent me a new impeller.

Today I put the new one in, and bam, same thing happened again.

It is the hydor model all black.

Any suggestions?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Have read lots of post... with the exact same problems, your key is going to be obtaining from Red Sea the new Sicce pump, that has replaced the faulty Hydor one... best of luck... are you in the states? We have a great world wide club, so location in your profile, really helps in making recommendations for parts & support.

Cameron

Hi there,

I am very near the states. Vancouver BC Canada, but actually Abbotsford BC. I do have a postal address in the states.

Let's hope RS can get that done for me.

Cameron

Hi there,

I am very near the states. Vancouver BC Canada, but actually Abbotsford BC. I do have a postal address in the states.

Let's hope RS can get that done for me.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome! You definitely need to get the Sicce skimmer pump. Hopefully Pinky will send it free when you tell her what's been happening.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I don't think so, but I'm not sure on that Cameron. I'll give this thread a bump up for 250 owners.

Also the pump on the right hand side is annoyingly loud...have they upgraded these also?>

I was told back in Jan. that RS was no longer doing business with Hydor. So I guess when inventory runs out it will all be Sicce. The way the Hydors were failing, I can't imagine it lasting long.

The Sicce skimmer pump I recieved was super loud. Vibrated and resonated through the entire cabinet turning it into a bass chamber. IMHO, If the right pump is that bad, consider replacing with a Eheim compact+ or Tunze.

Good Luck!

-JOHN