RSM250 light recomendation from reefgeeks

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Below is my email to ReefGeeks asking about lighting and their response. Posting this to provide information for others who may be considering changing out the stock light.

My email to them:

I have a Red Sea Max 250, 65 gallons that has 6-39 watt T-5 lights. I am currently running the following lights I purchased from you:

1 ATI1103 39W Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent ATI
4 ATI1111 39W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent ATI
1 ATI1127 39W Purple Plus T5 HO Fluorescent ATI

I like the blue look of the tank but would like an even bluer look. My tank is a mixed reef so I have a bit of everything. What lighting combination should I go with to get a bluer look but still have good coral growth?

Thanks,
Greg

Their response:

Greg,

Hello there and hope all is well with you.

Now as for your combo…if you would like a little more blue, you can replace the Aquablue Special with either a Blue Plus or a Coral Plus

The Blue Plus will definitely add more blue to the tank, but it may be TOO blue….

The Coral Plus is a new bulb from ATI…it is 50% AquaBlue Special, 40% blue Plus, and 10% Purple Plus…so it will add some blue and a bit of red to the tank, while also providing some white to make sure your tank is not too blue.

So I would recommend the Coral Plus, unless you truly want a much bluer tank, then go with the blue plus

Either bulb addition will still allow the combo have good growth and color.

Hope that info helped out…and let me know if you have any addl questions…take care now Greg, and thanks for giving us another opportunity to work with you.

Regards,

George Balolong
reefgeek, Inc.
2908 Oregon Ct, Ste I-5
Torrance, CA 90503
Toll Free 866-295-9230
310-533-9500
310-782-9507 (fax)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd add the "Coral Plus" for SURE!!! If it's similar to other bulbs with a hint of red you'll see some orange and red colors POP!! Especially if you can run just that bulb early or late in the day.