RSM return pump 1

Producer

I would like to not use the large filters that come with the system. I am getting ready to put cheato in the In-Tank media holder but do not want to clog my return pump. I was thinking that if I could put a strainer on the pump, it would protect it. Does anyone know of a stock strainer that will fit the pump?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

What model ?

Producer

I have a RSM 250. I am getting ready to set it up and was thinking about how to protect the return pump if I do not use the black sponge filter.

Desmond

Being honest filling the back compartment wont do a whole lot and you will most likely get some chaeto through to the pump. One option my be to put a course media sponge between the last baffel to stop this happening. I put a sump in to my rsm 130d. I used a tunze overflowbox and then had a tunze 9004 in the sump and a fuge in the middel compartment with live rock a deep sand bed and also a compartment in the sump on the front for ro water for atu. This for me worked great and i had tonnes of pods to feed my mandrin.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk