RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
RSMlover - as Witfull says, it would be great if you could create a separate post in the RSM section of your moonlight mod, and a few pics in it would be great! That'll make it easier for people to find it in the future.

Arreola - the tank & new Flame Angel are looking great!

tyleratl - well, I haven't quite figured out the coffeemaker or trash mod yet LOL!

And as Witfull also said, don't ignore the rest of Reef Sanctuary - lots of great information and posts that are helpful to any tank owner.

RSMlover

RSMers,,,,,,as much as i love this thread,,,,plz use the entire subforum to post Mods and such,,,,,enen venture outside the subforum and enjoy the wealth of knowedge RS has to offer.

Ah sorry Witful I will post it in the correct place and I will work on getting some pictures of it tonight.

Mister Chips

At last, the Flame Angelfish is in the tank.
Here is a pic.
IMG_0027a.jpg

I love the Flame Angel, one of my favorites. Good luck with him! Let me know if he's a nipper, mine only lasted 3 weeks before his demise from ICK.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My "Lady in Waiting" - A very small one I have in another tank, waiting till the Foxface in the RSM gets too big.

FlameAngel4_27_08.jpg

Arreola

FLAME ANGELFISH "KAPUT"
:cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

I don’t know what happened.
Last night it was fine, and today he was eating and swimming all over the tank.
About 6:30pm I noticed that it was swimming sideways and put him in a maternity box with some stress additive.
Around 7:30pm it just stopped breathing.
The good news is that the LFS will replace the fish.
I hate the feeling not to be able to do anything to save him (her).

I’ve read that in the recent years some individuals have failed to survive more than a month, and the reason for these mortalities is not known.

Should I give this species another try?

Arreola.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sorry Arreola :( If the lfs will replace it I'd try it again. It's impossible to know how much stress these fish have been through from their capture till they arrive at the lfs, and though against the law in most places, some are still captured using cyanide, which can really mess up a fish and shorten their lives. How long did the lfs have this one? Maybe next time get the replacement after the lfs has had it a few days or a week, to be sure it's healthy? But, you may have done that this time.

Arreola

Reefmack - The LFS had the fish for a couple of days.
They told me that the fish was dong fine.
Probably the fish did not take very well the water changes in a short period of time, and it was stressed to the point that kill him (her)

I will call the owner of the store, since I did not found her last night, and see if the will replace the fish.

sambrinar - Thank you. I will havt to wait to the owner of the LFS, and talk to her about the guarantee. I'm sure that it wont be a problem.

bryceK

Arreola Sorry to here about your flame angel.

I finally received my new RO/DI unit from Air Water and Ice today. I got it set up tonight and all is working wonderfully so far. It came with a TDS meter, so I finally got to test my water here at the house 280ppm. I followed the instructions for the RO/DI unit for initial set up and then tested the water. 000 for RO only and RO/DI water. I will be making up some new water for water changes over the next few days. I can't wait to see what the results are on my tanks as for control of my algae problems. I will create a new thread on how things are going........

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wow - that 280 is high! My tap is only about 56. Glad you like the AW&I - I'm really happy with mine too. One of the best pieces of equipment I've bought.

Arreola

bryceK - Thank you.
I feel better now that I analize all the facts and at the end there was nothing that I could do to change the what happend tothe Flame.

Also I talked with the owner of the LFS, they have another Flame that came in the same shippment, they will hold the fish this week and if it is fine next monday, they will replace the one I lost for just the 25% (about 10$).

I hope that I have better luck next time.

Arreola

LPSLuver

bryceK - Thank you.
I feel better now that I analize all the facts and at the end there was nothing that I could do to change the what happend tothe Flame.

Also I talked with the owner of the LFS, they have another Flame that came in the same shippment, they will hold the fish this week and if it is fine next monday, they will replace the one I lost for just the 25% (about 10$).

I hope that I have better luck next time.

Arreola
Arreola...here is some good background reading for you on this fish. Pay particular attention to the stuff about selecting a healthy specimen...C. loricula

Mack...isn't it nice to be able to say Air, Water & Ice :nekid: :yup:

ReefSki

Arreola-

Flame angels can be hit or miss in my opinion. I have been told that they can be poor shippers, and some are cyanide caught. Best bet is to either get one from a reputable dealer, or if your LFS can hold one for at least a week to make sure it's eating and healthy. Once they are acclimated they are pretty hardy.

About 1 month ago I purchased a Bicolor angel and knock on wood he is doing quite well. Initially after the purchase I was very concerned that the little guy would not make it given there success rate. I have been where you are with angels and hate to loose any livestock.

Good luck with your new flame and hang in there.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
LPSLuver - yes it is nice to be able to type Air, Water & Ice without it being blocked in both posts and PMs, as it was on the "other" forum, plus the ensuing squabble with their staff over it being offered purely as information for someone. Plus, Air, Water & Ice is a sponsor here - if you need anything from them I believe they have a 10 % off deal for Reef Sanctuary members - it's in their sponsor listing:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/air-water-ice/33418-10-off-air-water-ice-all-rs-members.html

Not a bad deal if you need replacement filters.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mack...isn't it nice to be able to say Air, Water & Ice :nekid: :yup:

We really LIKE it when you say our Sponsor's names out loud :)

On another note... thread is running ON and onnnnnnnnnn :) Yall really are MORE than welcome to start more specific threads down deeper in this forum... it will only HELP future RSMers (is that even a term yet? If not DIBS on it and royalties :D ) to be able to search and navigate this WEALTH of knowledge and experience here.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'll agree this thread has been growing and growing and growing, kinda like the Everready battery bunny commercials, but I think the group of RSM owners has been making a pretty good effort of trying to create new posts/threads for items that could be of importance to easily relocate for future reference. I look at this thread as a place for new and old owners just to make an occasional attempt to say hi and keep in touch, and maybe make a comment on something that there will be no need to relocate in the future. Agreed that items of importance (RSM mods, issues, etc.) should be placed in a new post, but I think we may all look at this thread as the "family room" of the RSM home.

jb673

Folks;
Reallly interesting posts re: the flame angel. Now at 11 months, my RSM has been great. Never lost any corals or fish, until the introduction of a flame angel. At the first week, all was just fine, but then popeye disease developed, & then a deteriotation of fins led to its' demise.
Confused!
Take Care All-Jerry

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Jerry - It sounds like the flames can be a tough fish. Bummer that you lost one too. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. I must have gotten lucky with my little one - still going strong after over 5 months, and I got it via an overnight delivery, and it's in a small tank that isn't as easy as the RSM to keep clean. Keeping my fingers crossed! Post a new FTS in our RSM Full Tank Shots thread when you get a chance.

Arreola

LPSLuver - Thank you for the link and information on the Flame Angelfish. It will be very useful if I decide

ReefSki - Thank you I'm really considering not to add more fishes on the RSM.
When I started, I tought that a fish-only tank would be easyer that a mix tank. But know I guess that corals are easyer to keep than fish.
I will think about replacing the Flame this weekend.

jb673 - OUCH!!! Sorry about your loss.

Reefmack - The Aussie Acan will be sipped on monday overnight along with a slamm Zoanrthid colony. I will post some pictures when I get the corals.

Arreola