RSM 250 skimmer pump 3.0 faulty ?

chir3q

hi all
i just received brand new Sicce pump form my RS 250
the problem is that its working in oposite way!!!:eek:
basically water is getting sucked thro outlet and its coming out from inlet +air hose...:cursin:

did anyone eles had same issue with the new pump and is there any fix for that ?

Thanks

steveh

This sounds confusing. I have one of the same pumps and I think you may have become confused somehow. The Sicce PSK is a new pump which we have worked on with the manufacturer specifically for the M250. We have tested extensively and we're not quite sure what to make of your comment. Please log on to www.redseamax.com and depending on where you live, contact the customer service dept for your country. I am sure we/they can help you.

chir3q

i will try to be as simple as i can
today i received new pump.i unpluged old pump and replace it with new one.( there is only one way to connect it )
I put skimmer in place, connected air intake hose from pump to vault .and i switched it on.Imagin my suprise seeing water filling silence chamber in collection cup and then draining my tank to the carpet. It does seems like problem with polarity .
Hope that help (sry but english is not my native language.)

tnwillia

chir3q.... here is something simple that may make no difference but cannot hurt.

Start the pump, blow into the air line trying to clear all water out of it. Once the pump sees the air at the inlet it may start pulling air rather than pushing water.

Shot in the dark, good luck!

chir3q

Ty all for your time

i was thinking about blowing the air hose but water flow is so strong i wont stand a chance.
when i tried block the hose i endup spaying room with water
Wife was so pleased with salt on furnitures. :hammerhea

waiting for mail from arcadia uk, and we'll go from there.

tnwillia

Different way.. how about powering off pump. Start blowing into tube to get an air flow path causing bubbles in the skimmer body. With that air flow, have wife plug in pump. If it pulls air your ok. If water hits your mouth, wife can unplug.

I've had pumps do this to me but never at the pressure your describing. Good luck!

steveh

I have emailed our techie dept as this is something we have never come across. The pump has been around for some time and all we have done is modified the fitting for the Max, so this is a surprising situation. Once I hear back from HQ I'll be in touch.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
chir3q - welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club. I'm sure steveh (Red Sea) will help you out as soon as possible. Strange situation!

chir3q

Different way.. how about powering off pump. Start blowing into tube to get an air flow path causing bubbles in the skimmer body. With that air flow, have wife plug in pump. If it pulls air your ok. If water hits your mouth, wife can unplug.

I've had pumps do this to me but never at the pressure your describing. Good luck!

We just tried Your idea unfortunatly i end up with mouth full for water

man im so thirsty right now :willis:

U can see the pressure that water comes with.

IMG_0854.jpg

TonyV

All I can say, is that sucks. Steve should make you right though. That is just a fluke that it got thru inspection. Must be wired internally backwards.

chir3q

All I can say, is that sucks. Steve should make you right though. That is just a fluke that it got thru inspection. Must be wired internally backwards.

lucky me :D

...my number must be up then...one of my shrimps just died

Cant get any better.!