RSM 250 Going Topless

bmp

A few updated photos .....

The first couple are from about 20 minutes ago as the lights are dimming down.

10614774765_7d1d2d3bdd_z.jpg

10614773645_272612b22d_z.jpg

10614804854_9612950f33_z.jpg

10614799044_0060ddd5b1_z.jpg

10614791726_7740737c32_z.jpg

10614794144_06d7d51a7f_z.jpg

10614780206_7e347833c0_z.jpg

I will try and take a few better shots over the next few days.

Thanks

B

Mdk16

Hello mate,

Lovely tank, is that a triggerfish I saw in your tank, are they reef safe?

Looks like a clown trigger. Beautiful fish, I'm not sure how he is pulling that off. I was under the impression that they eat everything.

bmp

Hello mate,

Lovely tank, is that a triggerfish I saw in your tank, are they reef safe?

Thanks. Yes it is a Clown Triggerfish. He has been in there now for about 6 months and so far he is ok. most of my other fish are bullies anyway so any new ones have to be able to look after themselves.

bmp

So if you had to do it again, hood or no hood haha
good question .... I love the lights. Easy to control, great colours and no heat !! No replacing tubes every 9 - 12 months too.

I like being able to look down through the water too.

So probably would go for the no hood option again.

bmp

Looks like a clown trigger. Beautiful fish, I'm not sure how he is pulling that off. I was under the impression that they eat everything.
He is probably my favourite fish now. My tank is in my office on my desk next to where I sit. He is the one that sort of interacts with you most. If I put my face close to the tank to have a good look inside he will appear right in front of my face. He will take food out of my hand no problem.

bmp

Just another couple of photos from this morning - feeding time...

10625566606_ef33096803_z.jpg

and my other favourite fish ... My Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish. Luckily he eats anything including flake food.

10625528495_e0962b2c67_z.jpg

Thanks

B

Naj117

Thanks. Yes it is a Clown Triggerfish. He has been in there now for about 6 months and so far he is ok. most of my other fish are bullies anyway so any new ones have to be able to look after themselves.

Do you think that it would be ok in my tank with corals and fish I have in there reason being, my lfs has one which is a good size and looks lovely that I may have to purchase if its reef safe

bmp

Do you think that it would be ok in my tank with corals and fish I have in there reason being, my lfs has one which is a good size and looks lovely that I may have to purchase if its reef safe

I would hate to give wrong advice but ....

Mine has been in my tank for almost 6 months without any issues. I have read lots of information on different websites and to be honest I was none the wiser at the end!! Some said they are reef safe some said they are not. My experience so far is that they are ok - but only time will tell.
Hopefully if anyone else has some better advice for you they will let us know.
Thanks
B

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank looks wicked mate!! :yup: love the clown trigger, such beautiful fish. And I bloody love the fuzzy lion :D nothing is more stunning in a reef tank than a lionfish!!!

bmp

Tank looks wicked mate!! :yup: love the clown trigger, such beautiful fish. And I bloody love the fuzzy lion :D nothing is more stunning in a reef tank than a lionfish!!!
Thanks - I agree the lion fish adds a bit of extra interest too. Keeps you alert too when cleaning too.
B

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks - I agree the lion fish adds a bit of extra interest too. Keeps you alert too when cleaning too.
B

I'm sure they do :p I would love to get one and they are pretty much single-handedly the reason I have a reef tank but once I'm confident I'll be on the prowl for a fu man chu dwarf lionfish!

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I would like to go with this setup too! I'm just undecided between radion xr30w or maxspect, what made you decide for maxspect?

awsome idea, i am going to go topless. as i don,t like the noise heat and cost of running the 250 with its hood on. i think it looks fantastic. i will be doing this mod with my brand new rsm 250. :rollingey

bmp

Sorry to the long time to reply - I didn't see your question.

I had read reviews on both and for me it appeared to be the better choice. I also got a good deal on it from my local shop which made it an easy decision.

Thanks

BMP

bmp

It definitely is quieter and cooler with the top off. Good luck with your RSM.

Thanks

BMP