RSM 130/D pump upgrade Kit

StevieT

RS Sponsor
We finally had time to put this together for you guys!

Banner%284%29.jpg

This kit includes everything you need to upgrade the stock filtration flow in the Red Sea Max 130/D aquarium. Almost 30 gph more than the stock filtration output. This kit will also eliminate the issue the stock pumps present. They are mounted at the top causing the pumps to starve when there is evaporation or a strain on flow from filter floss, media, or sponge. These pumps are staggered in the chamber much lower down than the stock pumps. Say goodbye to bubbles and hello to more flow!

Includes:

• (2) 160 gph pumps (115V, 60 Hz)
  • 320 gph total output
  • (2) hoses to stagger pumps
  • (2) hose clamps
  • Installed 90° elbows
  • Direction sheet
Why it is better:

• Increases filtration and overall flow in the aquarium
  • Places pumps lower in chamber to eliminate starving them of water
  • Easy to install
  • All parts are included shipped to your door

rsm1.jpg
rsm2.jpg

rsm3.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-1...-KIT-RS1001.htm

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I really like this kit.... GREAT idea.

Is that 30gph per pump or for the kit total?

myrick

great might buy one but what about flow direction control into the DT will i be able to use LOC-Line?
and how do they attach to the back wall to prevent leakage back from the DT?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I got this kit in the mail today. It was in fact here in town yesterday but for some strange reason (this is the first time this has happened) the mail service never ran here at my work yesterday. So it shipped VERY fast but USPS didn't get by here to delivery it until today.

Guess what I'm doing tonight . . . . :)

catran

Hey, let us know how much you like it Allen! I know the original pumps really get on my nerves...I don't like that they're squeezed together, it hard to take them off and put them back in. Leave it to StevieT to come up with a better pump system! Thanks Steve!

Stay tuned for the 40b!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I installed the "inTank" Pump Upgrade yesterday. It was a breeze. It took me longer to get the original wires out and new ones routed under my tank (remember I'm not using the RSM powerblock and all my wires go under the tank into my GHL ProfiLux. It needs some serious TLC and organization under there LOL) than anything else. The upgrade was a snap to install and these pumps are super quiet. Of course I'm comparing them to my worn out factory pump and my low-cost (low quality) replacement pump that were both getting rather noisy.

I HIGHLY suggest this upgrade. inTank did a great job in packaging and the kit was well documented with easy to follow instructions. This upgrade has been documented before as DIY but it's so much easier to just order everything in one neat little kit and be done with it. Job Well Done Stevie!!

I give this upgrade and inTank's work on packaging & instructions
:thumber: :thumber:

I just ordered the inTank media basket for my system as well LOL.

I want this upgrade so bad. The sto ck return pump design was the biggest disappointment in the 130's design.

Can you attach locline to the returns? If so what size?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This kit re-uses the factory connections from the stock pumps so in that respect it behaves exactly STOCK.

Looking at the picture there is tubing press fitted over the elbow fitting. On my 130 the included locline is female threaded onto the pumps male thread. How are the stock parts retained?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You also use the part of the plumbing that is pushed into the pump itself (male into pump and male through chamber wall threaded for the loc-line). Simply remove it from the factory pumps and install into the new pumps. It's such a simple procedure once you have all the right parts handy and this kit does exactly that for you.