RS reef's other hobbies?

Krabby2k

This is my first post in OT so i'm gonna try to make it interesting:blueoh:
I just wanted to see beside reefing what other hobbies you guys are in.

As for myself, I used to be in RC helicopters (nitro operated) heavily, I still love the hobby but just don't have much time for it anymore, i'm planning getting back into it this summer.

And another unlikely hobby for a reefer is speed:blueoh: I have a 350Z, it's not a super fast car by any mean but it does have its zip.

Then in exactly 8 days and 23 hrs (yes, I'm counting it down to the hours) I'm going to pick up a Honda CBR1000rr. This is is not the exact bike but it looks exactly like this except for some few aftermarket modification.
10rrred2.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
As for myself, I used to be in RC helicopters (nitro operated) heavily, I still love the hobby but just don't have much time for it anymore, i'm planning getting back into it this summer.

I've been into R/C for... well let's just say a while. It's changed a LOT since I started (long before there were helicopters available). I was once so "into the hobby" that I was 1/3rd owner of a "Gas Engine" company called RS Engines. We were making large scale R/C Gas motors for the "Big-uns".

I've been into planes until about 3 years ago and got lured into "Whirley Birds" (Electric only). Still not very "good" but I do enjoy them. I have to admit my favorites are the small "micro" series (indoor only) which I take with me on trips and such.

I'm also a "Real" airplane pilot (Single Engine Land) and hope to some day go back and get my Rotor-Craft rating.

I play golf during the warm months.

In my spare time I'm an IT Nerd :)

Edison

Nature and landscape photography, been doing it since the late 70s.

My business can be considered a hobby because I really like what I do which is IT support for small & mid-size businesses.

I also enjoy building custom water cooled rigs both for myself and clients.

This is a photo of my main workstation/gaming rig.

mycompd.jpg

BLAKEJOHN

Well I do photography, I used to ride ( flipped the GXSR at 70mph. 12 o'clock gone to far) Havent bought a new bike in five years. I work on bikes too (for my friends only) and I also love speed. I built my friends 2002 Busa and test drove it to 215mph (and it still had more). But any more it's just my reef and my kids.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Be careful on your new bike
moped_mazeguy.gif

I enjoy diving, fly fishing and tootling around back roads in the Ozark mountians in a 350Z convertible or on my cruiser Honda VTX 1800.

RC airplanes and my car I guess. I've had to take a break from the planes since I've gone to college, but they are still my passion. So many hours spent on them.:drooool:

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

and I know I have more pics of my planes some where......

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
YEA!! Another R/C pilot! :bigbounce: Sweet looking bird there!!

What size is she and what's yanking her around under the cowl? It looks to be an "E-Mount" so that means you're all "electrified" (Hence the uber clean under-body no castrol residue):)

BLAKEJOHN

I have so wanted to get into RC flight. I just can never get myself to spend a couple grand on something I am lucky to use a couple times a year (always seems to be windy here). I did have a few RC trucks (gas,..Savage's and T-Maxx's).

This weekend I will pick up my GSXR 1000.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Blake once you get to a certain level of proficiency you can fly in more and more wind. I highly suggest getting a quality R/C simulator then join a local club. I've taught MANY a student to fly without crashing their plane because we use the "Buddy Box". We plug our radio controllers together. Mine is MASTER and when I hold the "TRAINER" button down student has control. They get into a "situation" I release the spring loaded button and it's MINE again. This is the ONLY way to go. If you get a good trainer "system" they will even (to some degree) guarantee you to learn to fly. If you crash the plane, at a recognized field with a trained instructor the replace the plane for s/h only. I've only seen that one time but they did replace his plane complete. I had to write a small novel as to how and why but in about 3 weeks he was flying again for about $25 total.

Also you don't need to spend "couple of grand" to get started. That comes later when you get good and want to "Hot Dawg" a bit (Like mini's "Extra" up there).

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I also enjoy the R/C heli to.. indoor and out (Indoor right now for sure)
Here's an old indoor CX-2
IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

Here's me flying it... :lol:
IMG_4505.jpg

-I like to work on my car (2009 Honda Accord Coupe), plan on getting a GSXR 750 next year and im sure ill be hooked on that as well

-I go biking: Road, cruising the beach, and DH mountain

-I like photography but i only have point and shoot cameras right now.

-fishing

-and I snowboard

I use to be into R/C cars/trucks/boats but after i was robbed i couldnt get back into it.

BLAKEJOHN

My problem is that when I get into a hobby I tend to jump into the deep end. For instance This Hobby and every other hobby.