RS Nano Club

lcstorc

Why not? As far as I know it just has to be a nano with at least one coral. As long as you qualify for that you are in the club.
To get the badge in your sig you have to be a premium or contributing memeber. You don't have to have the badge though to get in the club.

djbacon

tippMan- how do you like that nanocustroms upgrade on the BC29? I was thinking about getting the same upgrade for the 14g. (think it is the 3.24)

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
well....i kinda wish i may have maybe gotten a halide up top, maybe with the sunpod by current. Its nice though, very easy to install, if you have basic wiring/soldering skills. My most recent pics are with one light out. so its not its brightest right now....and i need to replace the other old one, so its short about 1 1/2 bulbs worth of intensity.

djbacon

Yeah, the mod doesn't look to hard to do..just wondering if the extra bulb was really worth it or made a big difference. At 48watts the BC14 has more watts per gallon stock than most other tanks including the BC29 and both of the Nano 12 and 24. Just not sure if it's worth adding the another 24watts in such a small tank.

The HQI mod is def out for me. It's like a $300 upgrade (as much as the tank) If I decide to put that kind of money into lighting I think will upsize my whole system.

djbacon

well nano club - here's a FTS for ya - havent seen any action here recently so I thought Id keep the thread alive :)

FTS2-22.jpg

New Zoas and Ric last night - sweeeeeet

Lily

Hello everyone ! I hear this is the place to be if you have a nano, which I just happen to have :) . I have a 24gal Aqua pod with Sun pod lighting, it has been up and running for alittle over two years. I have two Clowns one true and one false and they both inhabit a BTA . One Cardinal and a lawn mower Bleeney. Live rock and sand and few shrooms, Frogspawn, leather coral, bubble coral and hard coral and a host of snails, crabs, white & stars . Three power heads for water movement everything is good as of today. I have been through the algae, red, green, brown dt, it has been quite an experience and am still learning something new every day . I look forward to learning more as I read the threads, great info. !!!
Thanks,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello everyone ! I hear this is the place to be if you have a nano, which I just happen to have :) . I have a 24gal Aqua pod with Sun pod lighting, it has been up and running for alittle over two years. I have two Clowns one true and one false and they both inhabit a BTA . One Cardinal and a lawn mower Bleeney. Live rock and sand and few shrooms, Frogspawn, leather coral, bubble coral and hard coral and a host of snails, crabs, white & stars . Three power heads for water movement everything is good as of today. I have been through the algae, red, green, brown dt, it has been quite an experience and am still learning something new every day . I look forward to learning more as I read the threads, great info. !!!
Thanks,

Hello :wave: and welcome Lily :)

We'd love to see pics of your tanks. I love nanos :D

PEMfish

Nice.
First go to post 1 of this tread and right click the image. Press view image. Open a new window and go to User CP. then click on Edit profile picture on the left. Upload from URL, paste the URL from the other window with the badge. Save.

rlcline76

Johnstank32008.jpg

OK, so this is my son's tank last week. This week it is a different story. In my house I have 2-20 gallon tanks, both with Current Satellite lighting. I was going to upgrade, but decided that after we move from here to our next home, I will be setting up a 55 gallon. But, until Winter 2009, nanos are good enough for me. I will discuss my son's tank this time and my husband's the next time.

I just put up a CPR Aquafuge, but the light had to be sent back to CPR because the dang thing shorted out after being plugged in for 45 minutes. Not good. Flow consists of an HK1 and a MJ 404, the 404 to be replaced by the HK nano. The skimmer is a CPR BakPak.

A few extra shots:
PB232146.jpg

P2072321.jpg

P2072329.jpg

Zoas.jpg

Now, the reason my tank is different this week is because I had to deal with this guy:

PB232139.jpg

Aquired a taste for fish. Decided to spare my oldest fish (yellow watchman), but it took me tearing up the reef this morning. Took me 5 minutes to remove the rock, corals and net the shrimp. Took me 2 hours to put everything back in...and I am not happy with the looks of it, but I am too tired to fart with it right now. Will post more pics once I get my crap together.