Round Robin 2 - The Zoanthid Frenzy

michael_cb_125

I think that 10 is a good number. If there are too many it will take forever. And some may be waiting for another type of RR.

Triggerjay

yes, 10 will be the magic #, and overnight will be a requirement. It will basically be the same rules. I was hoping to have the website done by now, but I am having a hard time finding the time to work on it. I will get it done eventually! lol.. The way the site will be set up, the person who starts the round, will be able to choose the type of corals, # of people, rules, and be able to approve/disaprove people joining their round. I know, sounds like some simple php/mysql scripts,... but its taking me time...

Jason

Melanie

1. TriggerJay ships to Melanie
TriggerColony.jpg
to
TriggertoMelanie.jpg

2. Melanie ships to GeeWhizItsMe
MelanieColony.jpg
to
MelanietoGWIM.jpg

3. Gee Whiz ships to Melanie
GWIMColony.jpg
to
GWIMtoMelanie.jpg

4. Melanie ships (frag #2) to Kathy with Birds
MelanieColony.jpg
to
9949d1194978698-round-robin-2-zoanthid-frenzy-zoosroundrobin.jpg

5. Kathy with Birds ships to Tippman
9304d1192715847-round-robin-2-zoanthid-frenzy-brownzoos.jpg
to
KathytoTippman.jpg

6. Tippman ships to Michaelcb 125
TippManColony.jpg
to
TippmantoMichaelcb-1.jpg

7. Michael cb 125 ships to Dr. Hank
MichaelCBColony.jpg
to
toDrHank.gif

8. Dr. Hank ships to ships to Bwlr
DrHankColony.gif
to (pending receipt)

9. Bwlr ships to TriggerJay
BwlrColony.jpg
to (waiting turn)

Melanie

Bwlr, can you get a couple of photos of the thermos? If not, I'm sure TriggerJay can get some. Try to get all signatures (may take a couple of shots.)

Thanks!!

GeeWizzItsMe

YAY! I just want to let you guys know that MELANIE'S FRAG IS ROCKIN!!! It is growing A LOT and opens A LOT! I love it! It is bright and VERY photogenic! I hope you like mine!

Melanie

Christopher, I LOVE yours. I just repositioned it a little tonight because it was under a favia on one edge. It opens perfectly and fully every day. It's so pretty and it's extra special to me because it came from you. PLUS you sent the the largest frag in history!

Last edited:

GeeWizzItsMe

You deserved! BTW, I think you should get A LOT of polyps for 20$ SHIPPING! So I was nice lol! At first, I was gonna send you a little frag of the sun polyps to go with the smaller frag, but I think I read that you don't want to take care of them, and besides, if I did that I would have accidentally cut a living bivalve up and killed it! I am having to move your frag around as well becuase it keeps getting so big for the place I am putting it!

Can't wait to see pics from the next round!

Triggerjay

Bwlr, can you get a couple of photos of the thermos? If not, I'm sure TriggerJay can get some. Try to get all signatures (may take a couple of shots.)

Thanks!!

No problem! Hey, I was talking with John Kelly today, and telling him about the issue we are having, and he suggested it may be the thermos? Next round, we will use a different one. I have one here that I believe was MichaelCB's, that I got from kathy... we will use it.

Jason

KodiakBear

In preparation for round 3: how would I go about getting my rics detached from my 10+ lb rock so I could put them on some rubble for shipping?

vdituri

What might be the possible issues with the thermos?
I'm curious. Was the liner plastic? I can't remember.

DrHank

The thermos was an all plastic child's crayola thermos. From the looks of the received photos nearly all arrived in good condition. There really probably is no need for other than priority for zoas and shrooms except during the summer.

Yuma ricordias might be another story.

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
kodiak: gently chisel under neath the ricordea polyp into the rock, and break off pieces of LR attached to the polyp...and BAM! there is your frag, Done it a number of times with most of my rics!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What about "Bagging" the stuff and then putting it in the cooler/thermos? I've had it done both ways and to date (knocks on wood) haven't had anything arrive harmed that was bagged but I did have ONE loss in a non-bagged shipment. I just got some SWEET zoas from respot and they were:

bagged individually
all 5 bags on ONE bag
placed inside thermos (fairly LARGE thermos though) with bubble wrap to keep partially stabilized
2 long life heat wraps attached to thermos
Bubble wrap around thermos and placed in box. It was very secure and I'm sure time consuming but all arrived in great shape and oepned within an hour.

Just an idea.

Good work gang.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I just got back from the post office and while I was there I inquired about the "legality" of what we commonly do here. I didn't talk to the Postal Inspector as He/She was at some meeting in another town. But I did talk with a "Day Manger" and I explained to him what I have been doing and what I have shipped or had shipped to me. I explained that these are indeed live animals etc etc and wanted to know if special permits, labeling or other precautions need to be followed to stay "Legal". His comment was:

"People ship all kinds of living goods across state lines. As long as it's not crossing any international boarders there's nothing special. We get: Bees, Chickens, kittens, gold fish, birds, and just about anything else you can think of shipped through here. As long as it's not A) An endangered species or B) On a No-ship list (deadly animals like Rattle snakes etc etc) you just ship it in a way that will most likely assure a safe travel (for animal and USPS) and live arrival. We would appreciate if you would label it as," Liquid, LIVE ANIMAL and FRAGILE" but that's not a requirement. "

That's from the USPS here in Waynesville, NC 28786.

:)

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
You are lucky, I couldnt get the people at the post office to help me SHIP ANYTHING, they couldnt tell the difference between their *** and a hole in the ground!