Robzilla's 55 gallon reef tank

Robzilla

Shame on you. Where are you priorities anyway?

Haha I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me!

at least we are still working,most of the country is not as fortunate......

I've been trying to keep up with 3 other forums as well,2 of which I mod on.....it's a task to read a few posts,delete spam,ban spammers and still be able to reply too...but I enjoy it,and I love to see tanks progress like yours has,this is almost as relaxing to me as sitting and watching my tank...I get all stressed out from work,its nice to just sit down a while in front of the PC and see what my reefing friends are up to and see new growth or improvements or whatever in their tanks

It is pretty relaxing! I'm very grateful for my jobs.

lookin good bro.

have you considered moving the lights a little higher to get better coverage? you have them REALLY low, and very little light in the center and ends of the tank.

Thanks Jason. I have thought about it, but I have a center brace wich would just block light in the middle anyway. I will play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Wow, your tank is really looking cool! I like the cap placements.

Thanks Cat! I'm really happy with the placement too :)

Robzilla

Didn't even realize that I need an updated pic. The green cap on the bottom glass has been mounted. After I get the last pink one up, I will snap a new pic.

Robzilla

lookin good bro.

have you considered moving the lights a little higher to get better coverage? you have them REALLY low, and very little light in the center and ends of the tank.

You know I think a lot of that is my crappy camera too. It doesn't look like that big of a contrast to the eye. Now I'm bothered with the FTS lol.

steved13

PREMIUM
Rob, I notice with my LEDs the light and dark areas are much more noticeable to the camera, than my eye. I usually feel like the opposite, the lighter areas are washed out, too bright. It could be, as Jason said, and the spread is not right, maybe the camera is telling us something that our eyes can't see? But then again, I know I can't be as fat as I am in photos, so what does the camera know.

catran

Rob, what kind of camera are you using? Some lower end cameras take better pics than my expensive camera!

Robzilla

Rob, I notice with my LEDs the light and dark areas are much more noticeable to the camera, than my eye. I usually feel like the opposite, the lighter areas are washed out, too bright. It could be, as Jason said, and the spread is not right, maybe the camera is telling us something that our eyes can't see? But then again, I know I can't be as fat as I am in photos, so what does the camera know.

So the camera know all....hmm! That last comment had me cracking up!

Rob, what kind of camera are you using? Some lower end cameras take better pics than my expensive camera!

It's just my junk Droid phone.

PIMPALA

The center brace won't block the light likenyou think it will, because the lights are on either side of it. Raise them up 6" and take another pic. You will be very surprised.

It took me moving my lights no less than 10 times up and down to get it where I like it.

Robzilla

Well I took Jason's advice and moved the lights up a few inches. It looks much better to the eye but the camera still shows some shade. The removable front is finished for the canopy...the rest will be finished within the week.

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

Last edited:

Robzilla

very nice looking tank Rob you certainy have some nice big rock ,, I realy like the aqua scaping

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it but I might do something with the left side....The flat rock on top of the cave doesn't really allow for any coral placement on it.

Looks great Rob. I still cant get over BB tanks, looks so clean.

Thanks! I based everything off a local aquaculture farm and have had a much healthier system ever since.

catran

Oh man, that stinks! I can only go to MACNA one day because of work. The only weekend (other than Xmas) that I'd ever had to work in the summer in 23 years!
Are you going to MACNA?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk