Right corner is cracking...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I would have taken the Red Sea offer because I would have spent more than that for a replacement. That's just my feelings on what I personally would have done. I love my RSM 250 & have a lot invested, I would feel an urgency to take care of my fish.
Red Sea has given me EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
The 2 times I had to contact them with equipment issues, I was given replacement parts at no cost to me.
They upheld the warranty and I didn't even pay shipping. I got a full hood replaced (less the bulbs & fan which were transferable from the defective part of the hood) and a right side pump replacement. They replace very pronto...had the replacement within 5 days time both times.
I think that the offer Red Sea made was a good one as shipping is very expensive and the warranty was not in date.

I wish you much luck with your new custom tank, I hope you share your build of it with us.
I'd be interested to know:
What are your plans for the fish that you have in your tank for now? :fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy:

steveh

We are obviously saddened to hear that your aquarium broke. Our customer care team did not receive any email initially, although I do not doubt that you felt you had tried to contact us. As soon as we became aware of the issue we responded.
The aquarium warranty expired in March of 2013 (18 months ago), and despite this we offered a free replacement aquarium, with only shipping to pay. Our offer of a free aquarium is still open to you (with or without cabinet so just shipping to pay if you prefer just the aquarium).
If you do choose a custom-build then we would like to offer you sufficient Coral Pro Salt in order for you to re-start your reefing experience. Please use usa.info@redseafish.com in any further correspondence with us so we can help you as promptly as possible, and feel free to also cc in uk.info@redseafish.com as this will reach Kevin. If you choose to go down another route then we wish you every success and sincerely hope you remain within the reefing community.

I'm probably going to transfer all my livestock and corals to my lfs. I have too much money to risk in adding corals into the tank right away.

As far as the other questions..

Tank is about 19 months old.
Wood flooring, perfectly leveled.

We are obviously saddened to hear that your aquarium broke. Our customer care team did not receive any email initially, although I do not doubt that you felt you had tried to contact us. As soon as we became aware of the issue we responded.
The aquarium warranty expired in March of 2013 (18 months ago), and despite this we offered a free replacement aquarium, with only shipping to pay. Our offer of a free aquarium is still open to you (with or without cabinet so just shipping to pay if you prefer just the aquarium).
If you do choose a custom-build then we would like to offer you sufficient Coral Pro Salt in order for you to re-start your reefing experience. Please use usa.info@redseafish.com in any further correspondence with us so we can help you as promptly as possible, and feel free to also cc in uk.info@redseafish.com as this will reach Kevin. If you choose to go down another route then we wish you every success and sincerely hope you remain within the reefing community.
What what whaaaaaat? This sounds like a slightly different version of the story... perhaps I jumped the gun in my previous post. It would appear that the tank is older than stated, and that red sea IS trying to make it right even despite that. It's nice to hear both sides and I obviously was too quick to pass judgement. It would appear that op struggled a little with the facts here which if accurate seems a little reckless. Either way, I think that Steve's response here is as friendly and eloquent as you could hope for from a vendor and it shifts my perspective entirely.

newo11

Great job Red Sea! Offer of a free replacement and even an offer to replace your water if you go to a custom tank. That's top notch customer service in my book.

There seems to be some disagreement on the age of the tank. If the tank is actually 30 months old (and 18 months!!! out of warranty), then Red Sea's offer was more than fair and generous. And Acro has some explaining to do. If the tank was actually purchased 19 months ago, then somewhere there was some missed communication on the warranty date, and this situation could likely have been avoided.

Regardless, Red Sea has more than done the right thing here.

Acro

I'm not going to do an argument thread over this as it is pointless, but I do want to clear up some facts as to make sure that everyone knows that I was not lying about the age of the aquarium or anything else.

My tank was bought brand new last year, and I even provided her a reference email to which I had other problems with the tank (which I did not bring up as I thought it was pointless to bring it up). I had a malfunctioned hood that wouldn't work. I'm not quite sure where you are getting the age of the aquarium being almost 3 years old.

Also, the price was for a a new tank and a new stand. The tank was free but the shipping was over $300 dollars. I explained that the stand was soaked in the crack and it being wood. I was quoted another 220 for the stand.

I did not bash your product or say to anyone not to buy your tanks. I was simply stating to everyone that I do not think paying over 500 dollars for a tank that is outdated is worth it to me and I'll be saving my money to buy a custom tank.

I hope that my story helps clarify some things and to show that I am not a liar as it was made out to look like.

Acro

Also nowhere in any of my previous posts on this thread come off in a malicious way about the company or products.

Jwalker

Wow! I'm sorry to hear your tank failed on you.

I was a little taken back by the comment that the gentlemen from Red Sea made as it was publicly calling the owner of the tank a liar. I feel "acro" handled the matter a lot more civilized than most people would if the tank cracked, I know id be causing all kinds of ruckus!

I am not quite sure I'm with the Red Sea company on this one, as it sits bad in my mouth how it was responded to on here. I do understand trying to save appearance but it should have been done way more tactfully.

Acro

Wow! I'm sorry to hear your tank failed on you.

I was a little taken back by the comment that the gentlemen from Red Sea made as it was publicly calling the owner of the tank a liar. I feel "acro" handled the matter a lot more civilized than most people would if the tank cracked, I know id be causing all kinds of ruckus!

I am not quite sure I'm with the Red Sea company on this one, as it sits bad in my mouth how it was responded to on here. I do understand trying to save appearance but it should have been done way more tactfully.

Thanks for your support but I never intended for this to turn out the way it did.

I ask a mod to delete this thread because it is going to turn into a debate. Also being called out like that isn't cool. Deleting the thread would be the best solution.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
looks like this is going downhill ... I am going to close this thread, as RS is not about accusing anyone of anything...

I didn't see the op or red sea saying this about each other... in post 11 op (original poster) said his tank was 19 months old, steveh said it was 18 months old - other posters "added & calculated otherwise... "

If op wants he can start a new thread, stated... I'm not going to do an argument thread over this as it is pointless - so lets let it go at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.