Richard's RSM250 Journey

Oakhouse

Well got one at last!!! Been looking for ages & then all of a sudden there she sits in my local...

In the car straight away & home in 10min!

Been up & running for 2 weeks now so thought I would join up & share the joy (& pain!) LOL

Tank36.jpg

LiveRock.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: The beginning

Welcome - great to see you start a tank thread so we can follow along, we all love pics - the 250 is such a gourgous tank ! I really like your rock work , great start :)

Several RSM owners here from the UK, glad you have joined, if we can help support you in anyway, feel free to ask away!

Oakhouse

I am sure I will have plenty of questions...

& I will post pictures of progress

Been wanting one of these for ages so made sure I did as much reading & research as possible.. Still quite scary as everytime I see something move I think.. is that good or bad! lol

Just finished the cycling this weekend so a small cleanup crew has gone in but am starting v slow. The rock we got seems to have been very good with very little ammonia spike then down to 0.

Dweezil

Hey, welcome aboard Oakhouse. You're off to a great start. That's very nice rock you've got.

Oakhouse

I was surprised at the quality of rock but know the shopkeeper so this rock has been in tanks with fish etc for months so well settled.

Didnt even get a huge spike of ammonia before it dropped. Initially thought I may have done something wrong!!! LOL

Managed to get quite a few hitchhikers in the process as well...:whstlr:

Blurp

Looks great!!! But (do I always write the same, might be obsessive...) be sure you'll be able to clean the glass...;)

Oakhouse

Yeah know what you mean but have left space to clean glass..

It was the only place in house it fitted without looking out of place so ended up in the study where I spend most of my day anyway.

Pity I only get a front view but am happy with that for the moment...

Blurp

Oki, glad you took that into account, better modify your scaping now than later..

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Oakhouse -
welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif

Great to see a new Reef Sanctuary member as well as a new RSM Club member! You're off to a great start!

Oakhouse

I seem to have got loads of these hitchers. I think they are Stomatella varia
(but experts please tell me if I am wrong) & the seem to be very active at night crawling all over the place. Seems like there are loads of them!

Critters1.jpg

Oakhouse

Just posting some pics of the initial clean up crew that I added just to see how things progress:

2 Peppermint Shrimps
4 Red Legged Hermit Crabs
1 Turbo Snail

Hermits.jpg

TurboSnail.jpg

Peppermint1.jpg

Oakhouse

Its true then. Reefer are such friendly nice people..

Thanks for all the hello's guys & gals

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Great pics - thanks for sharing...

This is a Stomatella Snail... I have one and that's what he looks like :)