remora pro question

My skimmer is going nuts -aquac remora pro (mag 3 pump)
it is constantly pumping water in collection cup ,the bubbles are going mad
I have it set at the highest it can go and still it is just pumping water
it is filling up cup within 3o minutes

anyone have an idea what is going on ,or a suggestion?

thanks Clint

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
are you adding anything to the tank? many things affect skimmate, any water conditioners like prime etc?

I did in fact add seachem-reef plus
but I turned skimmer off for an hour then turned it back on...

should I leave skimmer off longer?

plus today when I got home the cup was full of just clear water..
I have the collection cup set high for just foam..(according to manual..low setting is more wet)

the skimmer is still going nuts at its highest setting
and also I noticed the bubbles are flowing over the base of the collection cup into the return section of the skimmer and flowing back into tank...

I am getting very nervous abut this skimmer and scared sort of ..lol

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
if your that worried shut it off, do a water change and try again, from what I find on the skimmer there is no air adjustment? only an intake hole, try a bit of tape to cover half** this "may" raise the water level or not Im not sure, best thing at this point would be a way to reduce flow from the pump until things return to normal, keep us posted. Steve

bluespotjawfish

Is this a new skimmer or one that you have had for a while? If you have had it for a while and it hasn't been doing this, it is most likely something that is in the water. Shut off and WC are the best ideas. If you have carbon I would run some of that too. Also make sure that the white screw is in place on the intake tube (under the cup on the left side) and not clogged.

I have the opposite problem with this skimmer.

onix

Hi my friend I have the same skimmer and same pump and I don't have this problems. Are you using some produce to eliminate the chlorine. In the past with a sea-clone skimmer I had your problems and was the stress coat. And in this skimmer I think that is not possible to reduce the air flow. If nothing work, make a 25% water change, wait 3 days and turn on the skimmer
Good luck

then only thing I can atribute this problem to is the reef plus I have added to tank..
perhaps this was the problem
hopefully it stops over the next couple of days?