Refuge or not?

Rhyne

After reading volumes on refugia, I am still a little iffy on the idea. As I see it, the idea is provide space for the little bugs (copopods, amphipods etc) and isolate algae so as to outcompete any alge in the show tank.

My situation is that with the space I have available, I'd be able to make about a 3" x 3" refuge in my 10 gallon sump. Is it still a worthwhile adventure? I'd have to cut the plexi and silicone it in which is no real problem, but placement becomes an issue. I want the refuge placed in front of the skimmer and the return to prevent any possible seeding of the show tank. Or am I just full of concern for no real reason and should just make the refuge and the heck with placement?

Off topic...how do I insert pic's in the window here? I can't copy and paste from my pictures.....grrr....so when you're done laughing at the forum rookie, could you please let me know? Tanks!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey Rhyne! I love my refugium and like the idea that i have a pod beeding ground. My coris wrasse would kill the population if i didn't have the fuge.
Also the exporting thing by cutting plants out as they grow really helps keep the water healthy.
If you go to advance button just under where you type this you will see a browse button at the bottom of that page. Click on that and you can go to your pictures on your pc and pic one. You might need to re-size your pictures with a re-sizing program downloaded from the net. XP power toys is a good one.

Rhyne

Thanx much for the input and the pix help...as soon as I get it ready, I'll be uploading pics....
R