reefrunner's new 20L nano

reefrunner

Contributing Member
As many problems as I've had with this tank, I do believe the end of the 2.5 month cycle is coming to an end, so hopefully I will be adding more things sooner than later.

Equipment
-AllGlass Aquarium 20 long aquarium
-DIY HOB refugium run by a Rio 1100 pump
-Aqua-C Remora skimmer with MaxiJet 1200 pump
-Surgemaster wavemaker
-Custom Sea Life Prism Pendant ( 1 X 250W MH [XM 20k lamp] and 2 X 32W PC CSL "true" actinics)
-DIY open topped canopy to reduce light spillage
-6" clip on fan to cool the water
-100W Visitherm heater
-Red Sea coral pro reef salt

Live Stock
-37lbs of Live Rock
-1.5 - 2" live sand
- 1 skunk cleaner shrimp
- nassarius, cerrith, Astrea snails
-assorted "reef safe" hermit crabs

IMG_4087copy.jpg

IMG_4006copy.jpg

IMG_4011copy.jpg

IMG_4032copy.jpg

I think I'll start cycling the quarantine tank this week, hopefully it goes better than this tank!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Well, this tank finally cycled, I put a couple of corals in around Labor Day and they died pretty quick, so the notion that is was done and there was something interfering with the testing kits was a wrong one. I thought it was done again a couple of months ago, and bought a damsel and put it in the tank, ammonia immediately spiked and I was sure the poor fish was toast, especially when the cleaner shrimp died, but she has pulled through and the tank finally tests at zero. I am going to do several water changes over the next couple of months (gonna make absolutely certain it's ready) and then add some corals and another fish. This is a first for me, never had a tank that took 8 months to cycle before. It's almost certainly something I did, but I sure cant figure out what it was.

Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them.

Whole tank, the pic is not that great, but I really hadn't planned on doing a whole tank shot.
IMG_6570_copy.jpg

The damsel that had been given up for dead.
IMG_6640_copy.jpg

IMG_6617_copy.jpg

IMG_6633_copy.jpg

IMG_6592_copy.jpg

There are bunches of snails in the tank, here is a little nassarius snail. Pic is not that great, but was having to shoot down and the angle to the glass distorted/softened the image.
IMG_6597_copy.jpg

Some tube worms. These are all over the tank, and have been for several months.
IMG_6645_copy.jpg

IMG_6641_copy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner