Reefer Addict's Reef

wooddood

the wood dude
darn it dave those are the same trash cans i use.hey wait a minute i cant find mine,im coming to nevada.lol.

SeaHag

Hello David. I just had to get my two cents in here after reading all the wonderful things the folks have said about you and your new project.

As you know, I live vicariously through you and your projects and I just love this one. I can hardly wait to see it when I come down in May. I love the other tank, but after seeing all the work and sweat you have put into this one, I sure hope the tank is more "photo" friendly than the last one.

The coral head you posted the other night is awesome! I would love to see that in your tank along with all the older stuff you have.

I am very proud of you and all the work you have done. For those of you that are unsure here, this is Reefer Addict's Mother. lol :D
Have a great weekend David. I promise not to call as long as you post some photos along the way.:D

Also, I have uploaded a couple of my photos to "My Gallery" for those of you that do not SCUBA dive in cold water.:) Enjoy!

Last edited:

maffu

I cant wait to see you post the *blush* reefer addict!

But good on you SeaHag, my Mom thinks I am nuts for getting into this obsession as my father boiled a tank of fish in the seventies with an thermostat of the day that got stuck 'On' .... not sure either of them recovered.... none of the fish did!!!

M

SeaHag

Maffu ~ I have always tried to be supportive of whatever David does. This is a wonderful project for him and his family. :D

Woodstock ~ Thank You! :)

Tarasco

Welcome to RS Seahag!

Yeah, my mom has no idea when it comes to my tank. She's the one that says "why don't you put in one of those fish I saw at the pet store?" "Mom, those are bettas, they need freshwater." "Why can't you just throw them in there and see how they do?" It's like that almost every time she comes over. :rolleyes:

SeaHag

Tarasco ~ Since I SCUBA in cold water, I wanted to see all that stuff in David's tank, but it is the WW stuff that is more brilliant in color. For me personally, a reef tank would be too much work, even thought I am retired. I would like a FW tank. I know.... :D

SeaHag

You know, David does not know that I have joined all of you. He will definitely be surprised tonight when he gets home from school and reads all the messages. :)

Like all of you, I am really looking forward to seeing the finished project. But, I am lucky. I get to see the real thing in May when I go visit. :D

wooddood

the wood dude
:welcomera to rs seahag!glad you joined us.you should be very proud of your son he has done an excellent job on this project and it's nice to see your very supportive of him.now if we could just get you into the reefing hobby.lol.

Craig Manoukian

SeaHag is a little harsh for such a lovely young lady, eh? Biose St. beat Fresno St. in the WAc tournament, congrats.

David has done an awesome job, can't wait to see it in person!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

SeaHag

Wooddood ~ I already have two expensive hobbies. The first being SCUBA. That is not cheap by any means. The second is photography. I hold an amateur rating in underwater and landscape photography. I think I will pass on the hobby of a reef tank. I love to see the marine life out in the wild, but do not have a problem with you guys having it in your living room. :D

EdgeKrusher ~ Thank you for the nice acknowledgement. :)

Craig Manoukian ~ I did not get to see the Boise & Fresno game, but I heard it was wonderful. David has done an awesome job! He gets that from me. lol

It is so nice to have all of you welcome me into the fold. Now if I could only learn how to use this program the way you all do. lol

Seahag welcome to RS!You are the perfect Mom that everyone here would like to have!I'm also a diver(SCUBA)and I can also relate to the expenses that goes with the sport.Every trip I gone was about 3 gees so I consider having a reef tank at home is a lot cheaper.
Thank you for coming aboard! we all love your son project here.Can you post some of the underwater pictures that you have?I'll love to see them!

VINA

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
So Seahag your Dave's mom!! Awesome to know you as well as your son! He is a great hobbyist and person to have on this forum. I bet Dave is sweating it thinking what are we going to tell mom!:D

Dave and I have become pretty good friends and have talked to him on the phone and he has helped me alot as well.

Well again welcome aboard and we are all awaiting the final outcome of his tank as I am sure you are as well.:)

SeaHag

Vina Del Mar ~ I have posted about 12 photos so far today. They were moved, so if you look under SEAHAG in the Gallery section you will see all that I have posted. All my photos are from cold water diving. I cannot afford warm water trips very often. Last one was in 2000. I used to live about 35 miles from Monterey before moving to Montana and then to Idaho. I am doing a dive trip to Monterey in May for two whole weeks! :D I hope to reach my 500th dive then. Thank you for the welcome. :)

SeaHag

Montanareefer ~ David does not know that I have joined today! He is going to be surprised when he gets home. :D

Where abouts do you live in Montana? I lived just outside of Missoula about 5 miles from Frenchtown. I really miss Montana. Idaho is okay, but not Montana.

I am so glad that he has helped you along the way. That is how he is. Very caring and helpful. I know he will hate that one. :D

Thanks for the welcome!

addict

Wow! Hi Mom! :D
Quick! Everybody out the back door... my mom's home! ;)

You're right... I am surprised. :D

Good to see that everybody's welcomed you into the fold with open arms... that's the great thing about this place. :)

My mom's also very modest... I think she holds about 60 different dive certifications (enough to warrant a whole book just to hold the cards), and definitely has 'the eye' for photography (luckily it's genetic... :D ). She's also been very supportive of everything I do... a great mom to have. :)

I wish I had to the time to respond to everybody's comments personally, but tonight's the night to start, so I'm running myself ragged getting it all together. :)
Gotta take the kids out to grandma's (my wife's mom) for the weekend at about 6pm, then I get to come back and start the teardown...
I think I've planned it out well enough that I won't have any rude awakenings... but... we'll see how that goes... :D
At least both Lowe's and Home Depot are within a 5 minute drive... so if I have to take a few trips to either this weekend I shouldn't lose too much time.

I'll report back later with pix.

P.S. (to Mom) Have you posted any of your 'award winning' pictures yet? I browsed through a few that you posted but didn't notice those.