Reef Huskers New 250

reeferman

Terry,youve been lucky to not get a pest.after getting red bugs,black bugs and flatworms in the past,i find it much easier to dip that have to treat the whole tank.i dont trust anyones water!a little paranoid i know,but pests are better dealt with before they make it in the tank!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I have been lucky in many ways Reggie! But I did catch that big nudibranch that was sucking the life out of my Colt coral, and then went for a toadstool next. I was looking for something yesterday and came across an unopened bottle of a coral dip. I thought I bought that stuff at some time in the past, but wasn't sure LOL! Not Coral RX, but it would have been better than nothing!

JimmyJ

I have heard good things about Coral RX although never tried it. I have used and still do (until the bottle runs out) SeaChem Reef Dip. It's pretty much an iodine solution but has worked well for me. For the most part its piece of mind.

Seachem Reef Dip

Gavin1110

i used two little fishes revive... it works fine on LPS but I think it burns sps. I haven't lost any but it looks like they lose color and it takes a few weeks to get back.

reefhusker

Had a little mix-up with my order from cultivated reef. Only half the order was shipped b/c I added to my order over the weekend. He misplaced the paper and forgot but hes shipping the 2nd half today and he is also paying for the shipping. A+++++++ on customer service.
Anyways got the 1st half today. Packaged very nicely and the frags were awesome. One problem I encountered is that my annularis angel is picking at my acans and i'm having a panic attack. :cry1: I got the cheap $5 frags for this reason. Not sure what to do about it right now except keep my fingers crossed. Ive had trouble keeping them in the past as my peppermint shrimp was the culprit before. I'll try to post pics later today or tonight after everything opens.

reefhusker

Thanks Terry,
I wish it was my peppermint still causing trouble. I could much easier part ways with him vs the angel. At least i'm not out much $$ if they get gobbled up. Luckily no one in the community has been eating the zoas or palys

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If the frags are fresh he might just be nibbling at the dead tissue on the edges. Keeping my fingers crossed.

reefhusker

Based on what i'm seeing so far im hoping the halo less angel is doing just what Terry said. Picking at dead flesh on the edges.

I did get the Revive coral dip and was rather impressed with it. Palys were opened up withon an hour of adding them.

reefhusker

I will get some pics up this weekend of my new order from CR.com.

Was wondering where I can get the latest and greatest test kits from Red Sea? Im looking for Alk, Calc, and Mag.

reefhusker

I glued my new frags to my rock today and everything isn't quite happy yet but heres a few photos. These came from cultivatedreef.com. Sorry, my foxface got in the way!
DSC01002.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

This came from my LFS. I wasn't planning on buying one but I wanted a sand stirrer and that he is. He also gets a tie for first in the "Wierdest looking sea creatures" category. Tied with the Sea Hare!!
DSC01000.jpg

reefhusker

Thanx Tammy! Its a conch and it might be part alien! It has like an elephant trunk that it uses to eat stuff off the sand and rock!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice frags, wish I could say the same for the conch. Ugly but interesting LOL. I bet he's good cuc though!

reefhusker

Hes supposed to burrow beneath the sand but I guess I got enough stuff for him on the surface as he spends most of his time on top. :goofy: