Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

tnwillia

Feeding goes to bare minimum for the next 2 weeks and siphon most out at weekend water change. Does this look like what you were seeing on your rocks a couple of weeks ago (dark red velvet mat)?

jpsika08

Tom, it was something like that but not that concentrated, I had only small patches, that was like one month ago, most of it is gone away from the rocks, I can imagine that these had some phosphate left on them and provoked Cyano to grasp at them, now it's gone, what I'm beginning to see is some pink but much more brighter, I have two Full Coraline rocks which I brought from the LFS so I think this is helping propagate it.

I haven't lowered the feeding amount as I want my fish as happy as possible and basically it has helped to keep the healthy, and yes, I have also been siphoning a lot in the past two days, I will do it once more tomorrow so I can remove most of the HA from the Sandbed and some of the rocks.

Thanks for the tips :)

jpsika08

Thanks everyone.

Scott LOL, that video is nasty, plans to feed Nigel by hand.... On hold LOL

If not as Steve mentions Welcome to casa de Lefty's LOL

jpsika08

Well pump is in place :D

a3e818f8.jpg

0f8bbc63.jpg

98853326.jpg

Turned it on, It blew everything around LOL this thing is a beast! I need to divert the flow in four exits, happyyyy here :)

tnwillia

Looks great Juan, looking forward to a running report and Internal temp effect on everything when you have a good feel for how it's acting compared to the Reeflo.

Mischko

I haven't teased Juan in a while so it's time!
My LFS had its 10th anniversary this weekend and a little party, BBQ and so on. I was one of the first ones to see the new reef ceramics of the new display tank of FIVE metres! If I am allowed to take pictures while it is setup and helping out to built it, I think this is going to be very interesting. The ceramics look fabulous, very light structure, lots of tables for corals. The fun will start getting 5 metres long glass plates upstairs!

jpsika08

Looks great Juan, looking forward to a running report and Internal temp effect on everything when you have a good feel for how it's acting compared to the Reeflo.

Tom, below some quick report.

I haven't teased Juan in a while so it's time!
My LFS had its 10th anniversary this weekend and a little party, BBQ and so on. I was one of the first ones to see the new reef ceramics of the new display tank of FIVE metres! If I am allowed to take pictures while it is setup and helping out to built it, I think this is going to be very interesting. The ceramics look fabulous, very light structure, lots of tables for corals. The fun will start getting 5 metres long glass plates upstairs!

Sounds great, hope to see some pics of the ceramics Mischko :)

Well Pump installed and running:

I had to divert the flow in four exits, all of the pipe is 1.5", it's waay too powerful, my overflow and baffles can't keep with the amount of flow, I have microbubbles all over the place, needed to dial the return 50%, I'm thinking of adding more exits around the tank so I can provoke more headloss and the pump dials down a bit, also, I'm considering a release valve at the exit of the pump that goes back again to the sump so I can control the flow this way too.

What I don't know if the pump can damage if dialing it down 50% as I have it right now?!

tnwillia

Thanks Juan! As I understand it, as long as the valve is on the pump output it will not hurt the pump. It's really like higher head pressure. You could tap your skimmer in that path or maybe one of your reactors to knock it down some more. I'll think about this guy, I think I'd still run it external but that will depend on the sump I get. Thanks again!

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 good idea splitting to run the skimmer, reactors, and anything else. It's pretty easy to build a manifold, a little tedious and time consuming, but not difficult, and then you can power everything with the return pump.