Red Sea Max broken powerhead!!

Hi, this is my first post!! :) I just bought a used 1.5 year old RSM 130L and the powerhead is broken. I opened it up and turns out the axle that the impeller rotates on is rusted and broken off so it doesnt move and i was wondering if RSM would send me another one? I am waiting for the owner to contact me so that i can properly register it (I need the date it was bought). thanks in advance

Homer glen, IL...if you pm me i can give you my address, only if the warranty doesnt cover it that is! I'll pay you for shipping

Stody0

Hi

If I were you I would change out the powerheads for another make anyway, not expensive to change and you can get powerheads/pumps that are a lot more quiet than the standard powerheads and more powerful

Regards

Al

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome earthlysage! The pumps won't be covered by warranty after 1.5 years, but are relatively cheap. If you don't get them from TonyV you can get them from Red Sea or online at a few places (google search Red Sea Max Parts):

Red Sea Max 130 & 130D - inTank, LLC

Red sea max 130 red sea max 130d parts 55 watt lamp bio media black mechanical filter sponge red sea max circulation pump red sea max cooling fan red sea max heater red sea max carbon red sea max white fine filter pads red sea max o-ring set

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

+1 Red Sea Max Pump

Very nice indeed! I will await a pm from tonyv, but if i'm to pay 20 or so bucks for a new one, could i just get a better one for the same price and hook it up, or will it not fit through the hole? is the rsm one sufficient or would i be better off buying one with higher flow

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I run my 130D & my 250 RSM stock & have had great luck with my pumps - my 130D pumps are two year old and going strong - never a problem.

I love you guys haha! buying live rock today for $1.50 per pound, its man made but i dont think you can really tell the difference!! Live sand shipped yesterday and im ready to start cycling!