HELP! Red sea max 250 deltec mc500 skimmer help please

Hi everyone.

Recently purchased a secondhand rsm 250.

Came with no skimmer so got a Deltec MC500 of eBay. Have replaced the bushes, dampeners airline tap and degassing sponge.

Im having difficulty setting it up. Im following the instructions on their PDF but Im not getting the skimmate.

I noticed a lot of people are managing to run these on with the hood flap closed.

Currently its positioned hanging on left hand side when looking at the aquarium with the hanger at position three.

Water level is about 80-100mm below top skimmer cup at 3/4 air line fully open.

Ideally I would like this running effectively with the hood cover closed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Will

melvis

Not sure on the skimmer as my RSM C130 is running a Tunze one, but I suspect that if this is a new (to you) tank that is still cycling or just finished, then there might not be any skimmate as there isn't anything to pull out as yet. Just a thought but others may be better placed to advise.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Hopefully someone can advise on the Deltec skimmer... if it helps any, with all skimmers & tons of post I have read related... stable water levels are a huge key to good skimming

Thanks Melvis. Haven’t been doing it for a few years. My tank has just finished cycling last of diatoms and nitrates down low at 2. Nitirite 0 ammonia 0 ph 8.2 all 10 salinity 1.025 temp 27.
cheers for your reply.

Thanks nano reefing. This tank has been a lot of work bought it secondhand hand for 100gbp. So much wrong with it.
no heater, no skimmer, lights not partially working, led’s moonlights intermittent. Not to mention about 1000 scratches which. Hood fans broken. So much to list. I’ll upload some photos soon with it from day one to now. thanks