Red Planet growth

Miltonic

Thanks to Al for the idea. :)

Four months back I got an Red Planet frag, It has been growing very well and fast in my tank. So Al thought it would be a good idea to show you guys fast this acro can grow and why its one of the most coveted Acros available.

early June 09, right after I got it
redplanet.jpg

redplanet2.jpg

late July
redplanet731.jpg

August
redplanet-1.jpg

No September shots I barely had time for pics during this month

And here its now
redp1015.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Excellent pics! I can't wait to see more!!

What lights do you have it under and where at in your tank?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Miltonic any updates? Inquiring minds want to know more about how you do this!

I got my piece of your Reef in today! Great looking frags :thumber:

Miltonic

well to get that growth I pretty much just do 15% weekly water changes, I don't those anything I just let them grow and do nature do its job. I have not tested Ca or alk in a few months since I've been having a huge lack of time/lazyness but I will try to test them tomorrow, last time I checked its was 420ppm Ca and 8 alk.

I've never heard of that salt before. Where do you buy it at? I currently use Oceanic which I do like, but I was considering changing to a new salt if I found one that struck my fancy. I'm getting low on my Oceanic so I will probably be ordering salt in the next month. I think I might try using the salt you mentioned. I get some growth with the Oceanic but nothing spectacular. I'd like to see if I get better growth and color with your salt.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I don't know that you'll get a huge improvement from this salt mix alone. There are so many other variables that mandate coral growth (water quality, husbandry, light etc) all come together to allow for coral growth.

TM Pro Reef is expensive and if you don't have a "need" for it paying 2x the cost of other salts may not be the ideal solution for everyone.