Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

swimmer4uus

I've gone back a couple pages, both on this thread, and your others, and haven't found anything on your third Gen Picasso's. Are you finding a higher percentage of unique baring on your little guys? And do you plan on potentially pair up a third gen to one of the previous hatches? I know you're not out to breed for specific patterns, but it would be nice to document some potential color morph genetics, as ORA is not. I'd like to see more info on this. Guess I'll just have to wait till I have a garage of my own. I would LOVE! to see a snowcasso pair with one of ORA's Platinums. OMG!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I am not wanting to produce solid white but rather cool markings through the white. Most of my favorites are mature B's or A's that have dark marks through their white.
My current avatar is one of my favorites!

swimmer4uus

Yes, I would as well. I was just wondering, tossing some ideas around too. Your avatar, and Uno, I believe are perfect examples of the best and rarest perculas. Man I would love to even have a chance of keeping one.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I plan on posting photos of all clown pairs that I have this weekend. Only two are breeding right now but I have a total of eleven; six of which are different species.

(NOTE: Picassos and Snowcassos are all A. percula)

Picasso/Picasso
Snowcasso pair
Snowcasso pair (very young)
Snowcasso/wildcaught percula
Snowcasso pair (very young)
Rod's Onyx pair (very young)
Blk & Wht ocellaris pair
Wild caught Latezonatus pair
Akindynos pair
Gold Stripe Maroon pair
Wild caught pink skunk pair (currently in QT)

:smack: :help: :smack: :help: :smack: :help: :smack:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Good morning Doni :)
Are those skunks the vivid pink ones that were for sale here on the forum not to long ago?
Any eggs yet from the Akindynos?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Good morning Doni :)
Are those skunks the vivid pink ones that were for sale here on the forum not to long ago?
Any eggs yet from the Akindynos?

Yep!
Here is a photo of them:

2010january57.jpg

2010january56.jpg

Beautiful fish! I really, really like them :)

Nope, no eggs from the Akindynos but they clean a spot like crazy.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I know! They use to trash my reef with the sand bed when I had them. I might want to try those skunks when I am done building. I have never had them before.

swimmer4uus

Doni, I think I found your next pair. Apparently these are WC, running 1600 for the pair.

Attachments

• Percula%20Clown.jpg
    Percula%20Clown.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 339

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Those really don't do anything for me. Too much white IMO.
Are you certain those are wild caught? That type of coloration would come from many generations of specific breeding.

swimmer4uus

The guy that posted them on another forum posted that he saw them for sale or something. I'm looking at them from a genetic point of view. If they where truely wild caught, I don't think they could be in any better hands than yourself. Would like to see some babies from these guys, and I don't think ORA would put much info to the public about them.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks for the vote of confidence swimmer4us :)
Surfzone - not to my knowledge. I ship to a lot of people out in California though :)

swimmer4uus

yes....too expensive. I would prefer pretty much all your babies over those guys, but I see the potential in studying these guy's breeding. Honestly, if I had the money, I'd pick them up, and have them delivered to you Doni. Like I said, couldn't be in any better hands

Ryan

Hello everyone! Just wanted to show a few pics of the picasso's that I got from Doni. Its been 8 months since I got them and they are doing great! They paired up soon after the female bit the lips off of the male. His lips grew back fine and they are just so much fun to watch. Im pretty sure that the male ended up being a snowcasso (I could be wrong though) because his white touches from head to tail. My wife named the female "Mutten chops". The male is just the male. So anyway thanks again Doni and here are a few pics taken today. Sorry about the quality, my cam blows.

clowns002.jpg

clowns005.jpg

clowns006.jpg

clowns008.jpg

nano009.jpg

nano011.jpg

Heres one we really like! Feel free to ad comment bubbles to it!
nano005.jpg

Ryan

thanks, actually it looks rather blah today. Normally its twice as big and swollen up pretty good. I think it may be about to split.