Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

swimmer4uus

How are the colorings of your regular, and misbar true percs? Are they showing the heavy onxy like characteristics? I know your picasso/picasso pair have heavy black coloring and was wondering if that's passing down to the misbar offspring

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
You're welcome Contagious!

Swimmer4uus - I have three normal striped that I have kept in my sump. They are about 1.5 years old now and are very nice. They have black between the first and second stripe. I will try to get some photos of them.

swimmer4uus

Thanks. I know it's the holidays, so don't worry about it till you can get to it. I'd just love to see what they are looking like now. I know you used to have the misbar's/grade C's available on your website. What are you doing with them now? Find a local retailer or something?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks. I know it's the holidays, so don't worry about it till you can get to it. I'd just love to see what they are looking like now. I know you used to have the misbar's/grade C's available on your website. What are you doing with them now? Find a local retailer or something?

They look great! ;)

I sell my normal striped at 3/4-1" long for $1 each (minimum of 30) to local buyers that can come pick them up. This allows for more growout room for my B's, A's, and Snowcassos.

swimmer4uus

If sometime in the future someone wanted to pick up a pair from you on your website, would you be able to set that up upon request? I wouldn't mind, in the future, to have a pair of your misbars from your original pair. Didn't you sell them for like 30 bucks before? I remember looking at them before I bought a picasso.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
If sometime in the future someone wanted to pick up a pair from you on your website, would you be able to set that up upon request? I wouldn't mind, in the future, to have a pair of your misbars from your original pair. Didn't you sell them for like 30 bucks before? I remember looking at them before I bought a picasso.

Hi. I suppose if someone really wanted a 'normal striped/misbar' pair, I could keep a few and let them grow to 1-1.5" for shipping.
Yes. Their price is only $15 each or $30 for two.
Not many people want to fork out the shipping cost though... $50 (1-12 fish) can be expensive.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Merry Christmas Doni and have a happy New years !!!!!!! :) and can we see pics of the year and half normal percula's in the sump!

And a very merry Christmas and new year to you too!! :)

I am out of the state right now but if you remind me next week, I will gladly take some photos of them :)

reefready

Hi Doni,
I've been reading the thread and reached the part where your electricity bill doubled!!! Do you think that's due to the grow out system being in your garage? We've recently moved into a larger home and me being the paranoid type opted to take an upstairs bedroom next to the kids and our huge downstairs master bedroom is empty. I've been debating whether to try and create a setup in the garage for growout or in the master bedroom that's been empty for the past 7 months. I would think utilities would be more manageable if the ambient temperature is more stable.

reefready

Sorry, but I've got one more question that's been going through my mind. Do you think it's possible to set up some sort of water reclamation system to purify the waterchange waste water? Just curious. Also are you in the green yet adn do you foresee yourself being able to do this full time and quit your day job?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hi Doni,
I've been reading the thread and reached the part where your electricity bill doubled!!! Do you think that's due to the grow out system being in your garage? We've recently moved into a larger home and me being the paranoid type opted to take an upstairs bedroom next to the kids and our huge downstairs master bedroom is empty. I've been debating whether to try and create a setup in the garage for growout or in the master bedroom that's been empty for the past 7 months. I would think utilities would be more manageable if the ambient temperature is more stable.

Hi Reefready.
I think the doubled electric bill is due to all of the electrical devices running... lights, fans, pumps, UV's, heaters, etc...
It takes a LOT of energy :rollingey
If you choose to set up a fish room in the garage, be sure you can moderate the room temperature. We had to have a carpenter install a window in order to install an AC/Heat unit. It is set at 77 deg and then each system has several large heaters (200-400 watt heaters) to maintain a water temp of 78.
You will need a dehumidifier if you set it up in your home. Unless you keep everything covered tightly, you'll have large amounts of evaporation going on.
Hope this helps :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Sorry, but I've got one more question that's been going through my mind. Do you think it's possible to set up some sort of water reclamation system to purify the waterchange waste water? Just curious. Also are you in the green yet adn do you foresee yourself being able to do this full time and quit your day job?

Sure. I often times recycle the water using micron socks to remove large debris but nothing can replace a large water change... just another expense. I buy two buckets of salt at a time. My fav salt is Coralife so I have stacks and stacks of unopened T-shirts now. :shades:

reefready

Thx for taking the time to answer my questions. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. I found the thread building the growout tanks etc. These threads have been so informative. ... Again thank you.

lcstorc

Just stopping by.
Frank is trying to find a new home for our Clarkii to finally get a pair of your babies. I'm not sure if he wants Picassos or Snowcassos he just says a pair of Doni's clowns. :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Swimmer4us - good idea...

reefready - you're welcome. I am actually working on a video that 'tours' my growout setups! It should be fun to watch.

Lynn - excellent! Maybe you'll be ready by the next time I travel to my parents. I'll be glad to bring them with me. Probably around March'ish...