temp 78
rate 20
rite .0
cal 450
mag 1480
phos .028
alk 3.24
sal .027

mag has spiked up from last time. Should I be concerned and is there a way to drop it?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I wouldn't be concerned about the Mag - some run it much higher to try to kill off Bryopsis algae.

RDrink25

Can someone help me with my skimmer cup? Two times in the past week I have awoke to one of my Clown's in there. I thought that when you moved the cup and down the water level was supposed to also? I have tried to move it all the way down and up and it stays the same. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
in my stock 130D I always kept the surface skimmer cup with in a 1/4 inch of it's top position, if this helps any. It should effect water levels in a stock tank - I would guess flow is the issue - others with the setup you have (and there are many) might can help more.

RDrink25

Figured out the problem with the skimmer I did a water change and fixed the issue. Thx for the help! Current test levels should I be concerned with any of them? I can never get the rate's down below 20 is this ok?
7/10
amm .0
ph 8.4
temp 78
rate 20
rite .0
cal 450
mag 1100
phos .0
sal .027
alk 3.62

RDrink25

Everything has been going well! I have learned a lot with a bunch of reading. My problem with the skimmer cup was coming from my fliter floss( the blue and white one). How often are do you replace those? I was replacing them about every week but it seemed they would get dirty before that and restrict water flow. I want to start adding more corals but seem to have trouble attaching them? Either I get one on a good sized rock or to small and glue wont stick. Will thes corals I do have grow and spread my concern is putting them to close to each other but I want to start having the tank look more alive. Here are some current pictures.

P1020016.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020018.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020020.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020021.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020023.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020024.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020025.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020027.jpg
[/IMG]

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Tank & pretty fish are really looking nice !

Try mixing some superglue with this... works well for me... in fact I don't have to use the superglue, but that will help.

Two Little Fishies Aquastik

I rinse my fine filer at the sink under running warm tap water a few times a week.

steved13

PREMIUM
When you put the coral in with the super glue gel on it, the gel will "skin" over...make sure you break that "skin" when you put it on the rock (just twist or slide it back and forth a little) then wait a few seconds and it should stick.

Think of it this way, if the floss is getting dirty, it's working for you, clean it or change it often.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I usually use a "sandwich" of epoxy putty and superglue Gel. I found out when I first got started that epoxy alone, or supergel alone, doesn't work very well. For LPS and SPS frags, I dry off the bottom of the coral base (or piece of rock that it's on) with paper towel, mix a ball of epoxy putty, put an indentation in the putty, squeeze in a big blob of Superglue gel, and press the base of the coral into the putty and SG Gel. Then I make an indentation in the opposite side of the putty, put in another blob of SG Gel into that, and put it in the tank and slowly press it into place on the rock. After holding a few seconds it hopefully stays there till everything bonds. For corals on rock bases, I do the same thing. The combination of putty/SG Gel seems to work better, and the putty helps to conform to the irregular suface of the rock. It's not 100%guaranteed to work every time, but it's the best method I've found for me.

With branched SPS frags that are large enough, I find it often works better to use a coral clippers to cut it off of a frag plug, and do the above. It's always nice if you have a small hole in the rock to glue/epoxy it into.

Mushrooms with no rock or attached substrate need other methods, as they typically slime themselves loose from Superglue Gel.

catran

+1^ Terry's method of both sg and epoxy putty. You have to work quick, but you'll get the hang of it. I fragged a cabbage leather about a month ago and attached it to a frag disk. I used ordinary sewing thread, one piece on each side of the piece and tied it on. I never took the thread off, it just dissolved and the leather had attached itself to the disk by that time.

RDrink25

I have been discouraged as of lately I have tried to attach a small coral only to have to rearrange all LR. Everything I try and do I can't seem to get right. I am considering starting from scratch and having a redo! I am leaving for Hawaii for 12 days and the thought of not being secure with my tank has me worried. I have tried to consult with some local shops and have someone come out to the house but can't seem to find someone on short notice.

Hope I didn't mess something up recently I tried to suction up the sand with a gravel sifter/hose and it did absolutely nothing! So I started to add some new live sand to freshen up my bed and ended up dumping too much in at once and now it is completely cloudy. Hope everyone in the tank will be alright everything has a thin coat of sand on it at the present time and my clowns are freaking out. Hope everything gets better I really enjoy this hobby just want to make sure I am not hurting anything.

Any input or advice greatly appreciated!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
you should be fine on the sand... a common mistake is not rinsing it 1st, it should clear & not hurt anything, think of it as the ocean stirred from a storm - on attaching the corals - try super glue mixed with Two Little Fishies putty - all of us have had some rock slides - it usually just messing with it until they fit... if you really want to secure them (then they won't move or be able to be moved) try this... E-Marco-400 10Lb Kit