Randy's 130D

vubben

Oh, that Tom... Tnwillia.
Yeah, the Radions look great, but right up there in price with the Vertex. And like Tom says, it would be nice if Ecotech came up with a rail system for multiple lights. I'm not handy enough to build something like that.... at least not anything that wouldn't rely heavily on duct tape!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
RS member Cat did the exact same thing you are doing... she started with just the glass in a RSM 250, might checkout her thread :dance:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/73015-cats-rsm-250-a.html

Here a pic of the RSM 250 Cat started with...

484fa384.jpg

vubben

Thanks Glenn. I'll have a look. First thing I need to find is a stand so that next time we have someone over, I can enlist their back to help get this sucker up off the floor and into a spot that works.

vubben

I know you do, and I partly blame you and your tank pics for the thing that's now sitting on my dining room floor! :yup:

That was easy!
Don't know why I got so paranoid about installing the Tunze Osmolator. Went in easy as pie. I think the trick was to read the instructions carefully, then, since they are totally confusing, ignore them completely and install according to pictures posted by others.

I positioned the water line on the magnet just slightly above the tank water line and the pump immediately came on when I plugged it in. It ran for about 10 seconds and stopped when the water reached a little up the sensor.

Here's a few pics. Unfortunately it's hard to get a shot of the magnet straight on so you can see it in relation to the waterline.

Be aware that when you bring the magnets together the inside one will likely twist as the magnetic forces line up. Let it happen and adjust after they are happily holding each other.
IMG_7277.jpg

I mounted the controller on the outside right of the cabinet. It's not totally obvious in this spot but is visible if I want to see it. Should be able to hear it easily as well.
IMG_7272.jpg

Drilled two small holes in the top of my reservoir to run the pump hose and the power cable.
IMG_7281.jpg

Didn't have enough RO water to fill the reservoir but the draw rails seem to be holding the weight just fine.
IMG_7283.jpg

Hey Randy, what brand and size is the container you have with the extra water for the ATO????

BTW would you still recommend getting the Tunze ATO, I read you had issues with it.

vubben

Hi Lakersfreak, sorry I didn't respond sooner. Don't get here much anymore.
If yer still interested the water container is a "Top Paw" dog food storage container that holds about 26 litres of water.
One nice thing about it is, it has 4 little holes in the bottom moulding that I have sitting over pins on the rail board. Stops it from sliding round at all when I pull the container out on the rails.

There are definitely cheaper ways to go on the ATO but I've been extremely happy with the Tunze Osmo. The trouble I had at the beginning was all fixed once I soaked the sensor in vinegar and gave it a bit of a scrub.

Have fun.

No worries!!!! I bought the tunze, bought a 20 liter container from target, and drilled holes just like yours! Thanks got the idea!!!!!

Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid

vubben

Hi Glenn. The new 250 tank is still sitting on the dining room floor. But I now have a stand and just today I received the pumps and electric from inTank. Gonna try to get it all set up and in position this weekend. I still need light and a skimmer. I've been looking at the new Sunbrite F Series LED. They just arrived here in Canada and seem like a good product for the price. I'm gonna place the order on that as soon as I find out if the 36" will mount on the 37 5/8" RSM rim. Still up in the air on which way to go for the skimmer, wanna keep it internal if I can.

Had a few algae problems with the 130 and a plague of sundial snails but it's still up and running and overall its doing great. Only real trouble is that, because of the pests living in the 130 rock, I don't want to transfer any of it to the 250, which means I have to get all new rock... likely synthetic this time. Just no way to avoid the cash hemorrhage with this hobby!

Looking forward to stopping by your thread for a peak.

Hope you're doing well.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Congrats on the 250 Randy, I hope you start a new thread for it. Will you still keep your 130?

vubben

Hi Leigh. Not sure yet on the 130. I'd like to sell it for a few bucks but I keep thinking that it would also make a very nice quarantine tank.
I'll definitely gets some pics up somewhere once I start putting it all together.

Take care Leigh. Hope all is well down there.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
It would indeed make a nice QT, I never thought of that. I know I should have one but have never got around to it. It will probably bite me on the bum one day. Keep well :).