Question about ich attack medication

lcstorc

The salinity should be normal. A sp. gr. of 1.021 to 1.028 should be fine. Follow directions on the medication

Best of luck. I know the is stressful and overwhelming but Lee is the most knowledgable around. I would try to follow her directions exactly. She won't steer you wrong and will advisr you do the the least dangerious effective medicine. When you get through this go back and read the stickeys she has put in the disease forum. Lots of great general information including a fabulous one about fish nutrition.
Keep us updated. Hopefully all will go well for your fishies.

seatrueblue

Oh no..some one on rareclownfish.com just posted that they just bought chrysopterus from bluezoo I noticed that they didn't put them in a QT either.

Anyways. My female is doing much better today..thanks to you guys. Wednesday she stopped eating and thursday we added cupramine. Today she is eating again and looking much better..whew what a relief. Thank you everyone.

I hope that person that just got chrysopterus doesn't have ones infected with ich like mine and I also hope they didn't put them with other fish.

rmlevasseur

Please tell us where you got these clowns. I had a bad experience with LiveAquaria clowns.

I have used cupramine quite successfully in the past. I think it is the best ich remedy.

I remember about 10 years ago I purchased a Purple Tang that developed some ick. The LFS suggested I give it a cupramine dip. Well I obviously overdid it. When I put the poor fish back in the display tank, it immediately went belly-up. I thought it was dead for sure. Then about two minutes after being belly up I swear the thing burped a big cloud of cupramine, righted itself, and lived another five years w/o a sign of ick!

Not a practice I recommend, but sold me on cupramine anyway :)