pulling trigger on Leds

burning2nd

Well its time... And im confused...

my tank is 48" long and there doesnt seem to be hole fixtures that are like that... so its looking like 2 smaller fixtures...

But I just dont know where to start?

2 acen 600's?
2 evergrows?

the problems is i have a brace in the middle of my 75g so there either has to be two lights (one on each side) or 1 large long light suspended a little bit higher?

what do you guys suggest

OCReef X Series CREE™ LED Aquarium Light 48 Inch Fixture 216 Watts looks good to..

what do i do :(

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Get a paid of fixtures... I've been down the "center brace" road and I was never happy with a single long fixture over the center brace.

burning2nd

thats what i was leaning twrds.... Im still up in the air though.... i see some really nice stuff out there... In my mind its not really about consumption or heat... its about longevity, 5 years isnt that long of a time..
i mean if i can replace the leds later down the road as they burn out.... that'd be nice

ReefLEDLights ReefSpectrum P47 from reefledlights.com looks about the best so far... but at 1000 something dollars for two...
the evergrowd120's are the cheapest.... two of them @ just under 500$

the ocreef x series seems to be the only full lengthen fixture at about 750$

Idk... the reefledlights.com guys... are made in the Us... i dont know if i mind paying for that extra then

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I use the Radions on my 120 and they work well. You can probably pick them up at a good price used since they have newer models out......which you can upgrade at any time.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Get the 2 fixtures, If you go with 1 full length fixture, it will inevitably have a row or two over the prace, so they are wasted. Im going with a Pair of LED fixtures myself. I like that idea better than 1 fixture. If i want to add a new coral, i can turn the lights off on one fixture while it acclimates, without disrupting the entire tank.

burning2nd

I gotta wait till she gets home... I have to go to work tonight and this weekend... so more then likely Ill be doing something in the next few days..

I really like the look of the two fixtures from reefledlights.com But again... i just relized you have to get all the extras so im at like 1300 bucks for two lights, controllers hanging kit... blah blah blah..

im defiantly gonna go with the two fixtures... but i just dont know which one

theplantman

Another couple you could look at are the maxspect mazarra P's and they are coming out supposedly with a lower price model that can be slaved which is the mazarra x series. Also there are the AI Vega's. I have been impressed with both.

burning2nd

I've decided to go with the d120's lot cheaper and a good start I think ... The vender is communicating quickly and I think it will work out good, ill post up pics later after its all sorted ad running thanks guys

Chillbilly

I have been looking at the cree par38 from ocreef. I like that they are dimmable and if I buy a larger tank later on I can just buy another one instead of buying a whole new fixture.

burning2nd

The lights have failed...

Im in the works of contacting the seller..

I remember talking to him on here.. but i cant find the post