Protein Skimmer upgrades for RSM 130

David Shaw

COD tweezers are a good thing! You never know what your hand will find down there, and you don't want to be grabbing a bristleworm!

No chance of that in mine now Terry, i am BW free at last. All that stripping and dipping paid off in the end.

I check most nights with a red beam but am blissfully free of them, hurrah!

My LFS have a massive tank full of live rock that you can pick and mix from. I did suggest to the LFS that they should pre dip all their live rock before putting into this big tank to flush the BW's, but i just got blank looks.

I do like to have a nosey in their live rock tank though as sometimes you can get small chunks of live rock with free corals growing on it, thats how i got a few of my buttons and mushrooms.

Hurrah to dipping and the stick!

DaveKGold

Hello,

So how did that skimmer upgrade work out?

Also, what is this rack you are talking about?

I read something about an Aqua Euro skinner, supposed to be better than the Tunze. Definetly want to upgrade my skimmer, would appreciate some input.

Thanks,

Dave

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Dave! The media racks are made and sold by Intank, and are a great thing to hang the Tunze skimmer on. They slide in behind the gate of the RSM 130 and 130D tank:

RSM%201.jpg

Red Sea Max 130 & 130D - inTank, LLC

I have a cabinet sump, and sump skimmer, but still use my media rack.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & post us some pics of your tank, we would love to follow along.