----prodibio method.-----

Setragni

Did anyone here on RSM Owners Club ever dosed Prodibio products?

If yes please Share with us your results.

And how long does a kit lasts dosing a 130D?

I am going to try myself. But would like to know if anyone here ever did.

Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I went through 2 kits of the Bio-Clean over a few months time. Added 1 ampule each of the two components every 2 weeks. It seemed to clean up the substrate a bit, but the results weren't anywhere where I had expected. Maybe it was just my tank conditions, but I doubt I'll get any more of it. It seems to work well for some, just mixed results in my case,

Setragni

I went through 2 kits of the Bio-Clean over a few months time. Added 1 ampule each of the two components every 2 weeks. It seemed to clean up the substrate a bit, but the results weren't anywhere where I had expected. Maybe it was just my tank conditions, but I doubt I'll get any more of it. It seems to work well for some, just mixed results in my case,

Yes, I've seen people saying exactly the same you are saying over the forums. It seems to do a lot for some tanks and not much for others. But it never is a complete waste.
I guess its a product worth trying, don't you?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yes, I think it's worth a shot. Not cheap stuff, but I only had to add it every 2 weeks, so the Bio-Clean kits each lasted 8 weeks. I think there were 4 ampules each of the two additives in the kits I got. Think I saw less algae film also, but it was one of those judgement calls. I turned off the skimmer for a couple hours after each addition.

Setragni

- Terry Have you ever tried Carbon dosing such as vodka or sugar? I think it is too risky with a not so powerful skimmer like the tunze.
I mean your tank can Crash if the quantity of bacteria get too high and consume too much Oxygen right? Suffocating the fish and corals

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tony - Never tried vodka, etc., but I'm running the bio-pellets for quite a while (solid carbon source), with mixed results (last pages of my thread). Even that requires a good skimmer, and I'm not sure that the Tunze 9002 would be good enough to handle it the Vodka or the pellets, but just guessing.

Mischko

Keep in mind that even Tunze states in the manual their skimmer is NOT for tanks with SPS corals. The skimmer does a fair job if you have LPS and other soft corals. Your hardware depends on what you want to keep in the tank. I can't have SPS in my tank also due to the LED lighting which is about 3/4 blue, SPS corals would die off very soon in my tank. Never had the intention to keep SPS. I personally find LPS and other soft corals more attractive though, but that is of course a personal taste.

byronredsea

Hi there i am dosing cleaner at the moment 3rd week
32ca98f0.jpg

Setragni

I dont have that much SPS. But My objective now is get better coloration on all my corals. I wont dose carbon, but a perfect quality water is always good, with or without SPS.

w00t

Bump.

I just started my first dose of this last night, curious to see if anyone else has tried it or any updates from people who have.

I bought the reef kit and dosed one each of all the components. You are supposed to wait 6 weeks before dosing the reef booster but my PO4 and Nitrate have been 0 for quite some time so I went for it. It really clouds your tank and smells very fatty/fishy. Tank is almost clear 12 hours later, skimmer is still off.

I'll give it a go for a couple of kits and see if I notice anything. I was using Zeo but got tired of the constant dosing adjustments. I'll still dose a few of the additives tho.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I went through 2 kits of the Bio-Clean ampules. I didn't really see much, but every tank is different and it has gotten a lot of good reviews.

w00t

I was actually going to try the pellets, but figured I would give this one a shot as I wouldn't need a reactor. My LFS actually told me about it and then I started to research it, seemed on paper every bit as good as zeo but without the hassle which sold me.

Anyway I guess I'll see how it goes, it is fun to dose the glass amps though lol.