Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
alfaman - you are very welcome !

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us
050.gif

ccs

I have just started my 250. I know that I will have to add a chiller here in central Florida. So where do I mount my Tunze ATO?

steved13

PREMIUM
Welcome CCS. I have my Tunze osmolator in a sump now, but I originally had it in the right rear chamber using the accessory cutout. The wire and hose are small enough you could still use the same spot with the Chiller there if you needed to.

imaccat

I have just started my 250. I know that I will have to add a chiller here in central Florida. So where do I mount my Tunze ATO?

Hi,

I have my Tunze ATO in the right hand chamber, its a tight fit with the chiller hoses as well, but it works fine as long as the float is clear of the hoses.

4820579805_b8b81909be_b.jpg

Good luck

ccs

Iain,

It looks like the cord for the top off float valve is coming up through the power chamber. If that is true what and where did you drill?

Charles

imaccat

It looks like the cord for the top off float valve is coming up through the power chamber. If that is true what and where did you drill?

Charles

Charles,

Yes it does come up through the power chamber, but there is no need to drill as it goes out through the slot at the bottom of the power chamber where the main power lead goes out.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I copied Iain's setup and it works a treat :). Not looking forward to cleaning out that chamber though.

ccs

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and clarifications. Yesterday I spoke to Scott @ Red Sea. I explained that I wanted to keep my setup easy to maintain with as few mods as possible. This is what we decided on; Remove the bio media, move the chemical to the top of the sponge in the left compartment. Drill 1 1/4" hole in the back of the top and mount the Tunze ATO in that chem/bio compartment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max250

Hood Condensation Reduction for Chiller Owners :D

I'm tired of waking up to a hood full of water each morning, so I fitted this small fan to blow air into the hood overnight. IT WORKED! 90% of the hood is dry, just a tiny wet bit on the far right side.

IMG_0355.jpg

I used the 130D Fan (with Transformer) and stuck in place with some sticky pads.

Max250

Thanks Terry, that fan and transformer only cost me £10. I'm delighted with the results and I can hardly hear the fan at night. I'll now add my lunar LEDs without worry. (Ta for removing the DP).

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Max250 - a low cost fix! Those little fans are quiet. You're welcome for removing the duplicate post - I like exercising my new powers LOL!